Nothing f** works

ok il try antergos

Antergros is a distribution that bundles a very very nice installer on top of regular Arch, plus a few packages for GUI polish. It is a fantastic way to install Arch without having to go through a tedious manual procedure.

EDIT: Oh, shoulda read the rest of this thread :)

wel just tryed instaling antergros, and it dint work
visual version got stuck on 0% Resolving Dependencies both minimal and live version
i went true the terminal one and after reset it could not find the kernel
idk il try more stuff tomorow

I've long thought that Ubuntu is a really bad representative for Linux. I would rather go for Opensuse, Fedora, Manjaro, Sabayon.. Ubuntu is one of the most buggy Linux distributions that I've tried.

The driver disc you put in the drive is for WINDOWS drivers. Linux drivers are downloaded from the net or are included in the Kernel.

3 Likes

I know the problem with debian is with the installer, if you know how to manually enter your information it will work (select manual configuration when the auto config fails). The same thing happens to me.

Linux isnt bullshit lol. You're just too lazy to make it work.
I bootcamped my Mac and installed Linux.
I cant even begin to explain the driver nightmares that I had, but in the end....TOTALLY WORTH IT!
I guess Linux isnt for you if you are lazy. If you're willing to put in a few hours to make it work, it will be epic!

2 Likes

Not wanting to put few hours into making the system have basic functionality doesn't make one "lazy".

@Katoolsie LAZY?!!!
wtf i tryed every freaking thing i could and im still cruincing at it
what suposed to be an hour of instalation is turning into 2 days fiddeling. im still freaking trying to solve it.
im going more then any normal consumer would go true, who would already have given up long ago.

anyway back on the antergos, i tryed to install it using the normal visual installer wich got stuck on 0% (i ran it for 1 hour just to be save it wasnt just the graphics froze or somthing)
tryed the cli multiple times now with diferent partition configurations (some worked some gave errors)
now i get this. after succesfull install restart and enter grub and select the os i get this error:

error: no such device: ad4103fa-d940-47ca-8506-301d8071d467.
loading linux core repo kernel ...
error: no such partition.
loading initial ramdisk ...
error: you need to load the kernel first.

press any key to continue..._

wel fuck, try to figure that one out, somthing with grub and osprober conflicting
im willing to solve it, but idk how to though, type in 10 random comands edit a file in nano and pray u dint fuck it up?

almoust found a solution, needs to edit and save a file thats protected and cant be changed ...
i tryed the hole sudo thing but its still not giving me premision to save it

Why did you even post here if you don't want to help get @adekto going?

What file? grub.cfg? You can actually edit straight from the grub boot menu. (Won't save changes, but helps trying this) I don't recall at the moment how to, I'll edit this post shortly.

https://help.ubuntu.com/community/Grub2#Hidden

Hold SHIFT while booting to get the boot menu if it is hidden. Press "e" to edit one of the boot entries to change things like /dev/hd1 or /dev/sda or whatever, and then you hit like CTRL X or something to try boot it.

Anyways, it sounds like your computer just isn't letting Linux see the harddrives. UEFI problem?

ok found how to get root access and change the file
at least i solved the first error of the problem

error: no such device: ad4103fa-d940-47ca-8506-301d8071d467.

is now gone
the ad4103fa-d940-47ca-8506-301d8071d467 was a none existing partition on the drive and i replaced it with the root partition

but now i got this:

loading linux core repo kernel ...
error: file '/boot/vmlinuz-linux' not found.
loading initial ramdisk ...
error: you need to load the kernel first.

checking the folder it mentions /boot is totally empty

That is probably the UUID of your drive. Basically it's saying "There's no hard drive."

@Lyam_Witherow thats correct no hard drive partition with that UUID atleast, i had to change those, but that part i kinda fixed now i think

Frick. Check to see that it's pointing to the right partition. If you're pointing at the drive and you know it has everything installed on it, then it's most likely the case.

(easiest way to do that is to boot from LiveCD or USB and take a look)

i set it to the root partition UUID i just checked

@adekto Either it's looking for the wrong Linux kernel or there is no kernel in /boot/ which would explain that issue.

In all honesty though, it should be configured correctly automagically in the first place. Maybe I've been spoiled?

well i did everything i could do in the setup cli program, and that had no sign of errors so im not sure whats going on. is there anything i have to look for? i do find it odd that it had to make these 3 partition boot root and home

Linux takes a lot of patience with many things.
I have had many problems in installing and running linux and most times its for the stupiest of things, it is in fact a hard love
But if you are interested in it and want to progress you just got to keep trying and failing and punching the table
Good luck :)

@Afactxx thank you sir, il try some more
but to be honest i would not recommend linux to any sane person at this point.