Not Your Typical Question about Keyboards & Mice

Hello,

I want to buy a new keyboard & mouse, I’m not sure if i want to try and keep everything as the same brand. My is not a typical what i should buy but i’m looking for things in both keyboard & mouse.

So my questions are.

I’m looking for keyboard & mouse with removable USB cable & with the keyboard it must have media keys volume wheel or buttons

With the mouse i have only seen two mice with removable USB cables 1. ASUS Spatha 2. Logitech G905, The ASUS as a $35.00 mark up compare to the Logitech, So i guess i have to make up my mind if the ASUS is worth the $35.00.

Keyboard wise i know there’s a lot more choices when it comes to removable USB cable, But a full size keyboard is not cheap, So the next question is for someone who has use full size keyboards all the time how hard would it be to get use to a 10 key less keyboard (Some people can get used to it a lot quicker than other people).

The reason why i want removable cables for both Keyboard & Mouse is i’m planning on putting a pass thought cable grommet on my desk and plugging the keyboard & mouse into the monitor & it would make things easier for me when it comes to cleaning my desk.

To the people who pass on any advice hopefully you can understand i’m asking.

Thanks

in regards to the keyboard; I’ve been using a full size all my life, Using a corsair strafe rgb right now but I plan to sell it to go with the GMMK TKL RGB keyboard with a detachable braided cable (costs $100 less than the corsair). I decided the downsize would be better for saving space on my desk, along with trying something different from cherry keys. I used to love media keys and volume wheels but it really limits your selection so I just got used to the Fn+Fkeys way of controlling media.

as for mice wit ha detachable cable you’re really putting a huge hit to the mice you can use, might just consider a wireless mouse or just get used to a cabled one. I tried the Logitech wireless and it isnt too bad but a little thin for my hands (10cm wide)

Problem is in Australia i don’t think you can buy that keyboard, I had a look at it and it’s not to my taste, I have been looking at a CoolerMaster & ASUS keyboards but i’m still not sure.

Problem is a wireless mice for me it will not suit my needs cause of the wireless dongle thing, I’m just looking for a cable that plugs into the mouse, But i can have the option of wireless if i want, I do have pretty large hands that’s why i was only looking at the ASUS Spatha or Logitech G905,

Ahh I see, Australia does make it much more difficult to acquire things that aren’t sold in the local shops. I havent tried asus or coolermaster keyboards but knowing them theyll probably use the same quality of plastic and aluminum as the next competitor so it depends on either software or features, I like the Asus Claymore as I like the detachable numpad feature… but its sooo overpriced, Id suggest going with coolermasters keyboards.

AS for the mice Asus again is just so overpriced for what it is, but it would be better for larger hands… maybe wait for it to go on sale.

The g700, g900, g903 all operate via cable when plugged in even though they are “wireless”. Theres probably more but those are the ones I know of.

AFAIK the ducky shine series KB are all detachable cables. I always wanted one but they cost a bit more than I’d like to pay for a keyboard without software programming (which they do have now but didnt at the time). It sounds like they may be more up your alley though. It only has volume keys but I believe you can program media key macros for any key. The neat part is its programmable without the software via the keyboard itself.

I was going to get the Claymore but the lack of a wrist rest is a deal breaker for me, That’s why i’m leaning towards the CoolerMaster keyboard instead.

Thanks for the advice.

Ducky’s are great keyboards but my biggest problem with them is the lack of a wrist rest that comes with the keyboard yeah they sell them i own one of them and just didn’t like their version of a wrist rest.

Yeah most keyboards have volume buttons not a volume wheel but i just can’t find everything in one keyboard.

Thanks for the advice.

wonder if you can mind a local guy to make you one out of wood (or if you can do that yourself using just sandpaper on a piece of lumber), or do you like the soft and squishy ones?

Are you talking about wrist rest?

1 Like

wrist rest obviously, tbh I never really used one, my hands always hover over the kayboard for me

I’m used to them i have always used them.

Now i’m trying to make my mind up full size or 10 keyless keyboard.

If you don’t use the numpad then there’s no point in getting a fullsize keyboard in my opinion. It’s more ergonomic having your hands closer together with mouse/keyboard.

1 Like