Not impressed with 4k atm. Need a 1440p glossy panel

ASUS PB258Q with a WQHD AH-IPS panel

IDK who makes the panel. My guess is that because it is an AH-IPS, it is probably OEMed by LG.

All of the asus panels have the glitter effect except this one. You can clearly tell that this is not an asus design. This is really just a panel that asus put on one of their stands and added some speakers.

That's sounds like ant-aliasing, that's what it does to try and make text easier to read. I can turn it off in Unity tweak tool on Ubuntu.

actually your sort of right. I started using this on my new panel : http://www.webupd8.org/2013/06/better-font-rendering-in-linux-with.html

miles better (for me anyway)

I got a 32" Benq 1440p screen, its coating for a matte screen is perfect, minuet levels of grain not visible to the eye unless you strain on REALLY bright white or light blue, even then its whisper thin. However, Im tempted to risk my warranty and apply a damp cloth to remove the film altogether .. perhaps il run this panel until a suitable 32" + comes along, 28" is definitely too small in any case for modern gaming let alone 4k. Especially now the steam machines / controller is out, relaxing further back in the office chair is now a thing :D

its either a 34" 4k or 39" 4k for me next.