[Noob]: First development Desktop PC Build Suggestion

Hello Everyone,

I am currently having a Lenovo Y50 with Core i7 4710HQ (Originally with 8 GB RAM later upgraded to 16 GB DDR3 1600) bought in 2015.

Currently I am having an issue as I am easily overwhelm the system with software development(mostly on C, C++, Python, along with lot of cross-platform development virtualization/simulation) activities I do on day-to-day basis mostly on Linux environment.

I am thinking about building a Desktop system for most of my development work, below are the parts that I am currently thinking about:

Note:
[Prices converted to USD from INR without taxes]

• Cabinet: 30 USD (As suggested by vendor[Needs better suggestion])
  • Motherboard: MSI X570-A PRO: 160 USD
  • Processor: AMD R9 3950X: 806 USD
  • Memory: 64 GB [G Skill 32GB 3200MHz*2]: 340 USD
  • HDD: 4 TB For Data Storage: 95 USD
  • SSD: 1 TB Samsung 970 EVO: 210 USD
  • Graphics Card: GTX 2070: 406 USD
  • PSU: 750 W: 100 USD

For the current build I need suggestions for following components:

• Cabinet: Decent front panel connectivity and cooling performance, with storage expansion capability.
  • PSU: Will 750W suffice for the system as whole and possibility of future HDD disk expansion?
  • CPU Cooler: Should I go with air cooler or AIO?(Keeping in mind Indian summer temperatures reach 40+ degree Celsius).
  • RAM Memory: In my work I can easily utilize around 30+ GB of Memory for my code builds, should I reduce the system memory going first with 16x2 GB or 32x1 GB for initial build?
  • Linux Compatibility/Stability with the chosen components(mostly with Graphics Card).

Budget Limit: 2800 USD including taxes.(Tax Rate: around 36%).

Thanks in advance.

Fractal meshify C.

Yes

Yes

Yes

1 Like

Are you planning on Overclocking or just allow the build to turbo on its own?

-AIO is probably your best since ambient gets so high
-Ram Would start with dual sticks regardless of what you pick
-Case honestly wont matter much as long as it supports your AIO choice

Thank you @anon46267848 and @mutation666 for the suggestions.

I would update once I narrow down the final parts.

@mutation666 regarding overclocking I am not that much of risk taker, I usually prefer system stability, also I am totally a noob with respect to overclocking.
Will probably look around in the forum for more information.

Thank you for all the help.

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.