Noob Build

Hi Guys! I have been watching your youtube videos for a while now and I got the balls yesterday, for a lack of a better phrase, to finally muster up the courage to build my own pc. I am completely new to all of this so any feedback will be useful feed back for me. I was just trying to throw together a gaming pc for cheap.....super cheap. I don't game at all since I can't afford a console so I plan on just playing terreria and combat arms. So please let me know what you guys think!

http://ca.pcpartpicker.com/user/Sonu/saved/dZDhP6

And oh yeah, I couldn't find a good monitor for cheap so yeah...

Thanks in advance!

It's good for the price, but I recommend you ditch the GT 630 for a Radeon R7 240, you could get it for around the same price but at a much better performance. It's nice to have that if you plan to play beefier titles later on. 

just look for TN panel monitors, they very cheap and very much easy to find on local computer part stores for around $100. 

There are a lot of different options to get better , sites here propose 3x paying , or you can buy off ebay ( here gtx 670's and 7950's go for 85€ ) .

Also rebates should not be counted in as you will still need to initially fork out the money , and they can be a pain the the ass ( eg: the intel + MSI one that is currently going ) 

Thanks for the reply guys and I will switch out the graphics card to the Radeon and look around to find a monitor. I will also check with ebay when I finally get around to buy it to see if it's cheap there.

And do you guys think this build needs a cooler? Also, out of the G.Skill Ripjaws Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 and the Crucial Ballistix Sport 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600, which one is better?

You know you're doing it wrong when the RAM is the most expensive component. Get 4-6GBs or something, it won't affect those games.

Okay, I'll look around for 4-6 range , thanks for the reply!

And in your opinion what component should be the most expensive?

You didn't list a power supply and if you can spend a little more bumping up to a 260X and to 8GB of RAM would help you quite a bit. Good Luck

My case has a 450W power supply. And alright I will think about it, thanks for the reply!

Well you will get more FPS from a better gpu and 4gb ram , but that's your choice to do .

Unless the power supply coming in your case is from a reliable manufacturer I would ditch it and spend the money on a solid one. But thats just me I am not big on the majority of the case and supply bundles. But glad to see someone else getting into building their own system! Good Luck!