Non-PWM fan in PWM splitter

Hello all,

First let me start by stating that this is clearly for the purpose of goofing off and education.  I currently have a CM Hyper 212 Evo with a single Noctua NF-F12 PWM fan in a push configuration.  I purchased an NF-P14 FLEX fan (non-PWM) for another project a while ago but that didn't work out.  So I have this extra fan sitting around and am playing with the idea of attaching it to the Hyper 212 as a pull fan for entertainment.  

My question is, using the PWM splitter that Noctua provides, with the F12 connected to the full 4 pin extension and the P14 to the 3 pin end of the splitter, would the P14 work appropriately?  It's not a PWM fan so would its speed be properly attenuated?  If so, would this have any ill effects on the PWM controller?

The Noctua NH-D14 cooler appears to ship with an NF-P14 PWM fan which they didn't ever sell separately that I know of.  Given they aren't using the FLEX fan in their setup I figured I'd ask around here.

Thanks!

Nevermind, a quick reference of how PWM works provides the answer.  Connecting a non-PWM fan to the 3-pin end of the splitter would provide the fan with a +12v source and Ground only, allowing that fan to run at full speed only.

yep