Nokia 3.1 Psycho review

On your headphone cables, do you have a dongle attached where you can adjust the volume?

Oh no… The volume is entirely controlled by the phone…

My headphones have nothing on them.

Ah yes, I remember those ear rapers.

Imma have to get back to you, it makes no sense that your Sony has better audio over the 3.5mm than your new phone.

1 Like

Well… I still give it on the brand. Sony is Sony. Every Sony product I ever touched was extremely high quality and I have never been disappointed by it.

You must have been at last tiny bit bothered by just another different Sony audio plug

@Eden psycho needs the review badge.

1 Like

What?

I need two of them :smiley:

1 Like

Do you have any bluetooth device you can test audio on?

Car, headphones, wireless speaker etc.

Nope… I haven’t used Bluetooth in years…

I would bet the Sony dac is just better overall. The dac on my n6p isn’t great but I compensate with viper4android.

1 Like

Today I was forced to use the stock Nokia headset.
I must tell you, it’s atrocious.
Setting aside the fact it doesn’t have a button to answer the phone calls, the sound quality is beyond awful.
At least my Sennheiser have somewhat decent sound.

Nokia 3.1 has a Mediatek chipset so probably a no go… :c

Is there something wrong with Mediatek?

Kinda impossible to make one for it, other than that they are great performance per dollar! :smiley:

1 Like

Oh, in that context…
Honestly I have absolutely no idea.

Yeah something to do about drivers, if not mistaken. O3O

Miss my X. Gave it to my brother for his birthday over a year ago. Have a Pixel 2 XL now and love it… It does everything amazingly… But the X was unique. Won’t be upgrading from my 2 XL until Google makes use of the HTC team they bought out.

Hey @psycho_666 could you do me a favor?

Go into Settings, scroll to the bottom and select “System”
Then scroll to the bottom and select “About Phone”
Then scroll to the bottom and tap “Build number” 7 times, confirm pin.
Then press back and you should see a new option “Developer options”
Scroll thought “Developer options” and tell me if you find anything that saids “Root access” or “Manage root access”?

Would be nice of you thanks.

Knowing @psycho_666 I would advise against this.

It should be fine, I am 95% certain that there is no root, in all production builds of the nokia 3.1. Its not like lineage where you get a terminal… Just a thought I had in a dream.

Also I updated my thread; Nokia 3.1 TA-1063 Bootloader and stuff