No Netflix data cost

You are right about data being data, and this whole thing is part of the slippery slope of paid prioritization/ anti-net neutrality that’ll hurt us all in the end.

One small point being that in this particular case, they can set up some of the Netflix cache servers in their own network, and not have to pay the backbone providers for the data.

I’m using Virgin Mobile here in the UK, and they now provide Twitter for “free” as in no data charges… yet another blow to neutrality… We’re doomed
(Oh yeah… Twitter… as in that infamous bandwidth hog… notorious for causing overage charges… /s)

I agree. I’m hosting plex and don’t have a netflix account. They don’t allow me to stream plex from my home server without it counting. It’s essentially the same thing, but not netflix. I’d say this is one of the better arguments for NN than anything else.

That’s rough buddy. I’m just not sure why they chose twitter of all things. I can definitely see how someone goes over because of twitter, but I’ve only used 280MiB on twitter this month, compared to 1.6GiB on Spotify and 1.8GiB on youtube. (starting on the first of the month)

channels Alex Jones It’s the globalists man, they’re trying to monopolize the internet. It’s our job to fight them to our dying breath!