No internet access

Fair enough. LOL I would still consider what internet speeds you are paying for and running a speed test to make sure you are getting those speeds. Saving money on a router while you are paying your ISP for higher speeds you can’t get because your equipment is too old doesn’t make much sense. But if you are getting advertised speeds, then keep on truckin’!

…why on earth do you have a stack of them? do you honestly enjoy using the much slower, outdated tech from 10+ years ago?

I give up. I tried. If you dont want to accept the most sensible advice then fine, but keeping a stack of them wont do you any good. You’re only making your own life more difficult

I guess that is our disposable life style at work. My 5c is you could buy one good router, instead of a stack of cheap ones! :slight_smile: $50 probably won’t get you anything decent.
Mind you, finding a good one can be hit and miss. I was running a billion adsl2 router modem for ages, I thought it was pretty good. Until it failed and I opened it up to see why. The horrors that lay within… :cold_sweat:

Wow I forgot that I posted about this.

But as an update it’s been 5 months and the fix totally worked and haven’t had a problem since.

We also figured out that the iphone 7 can work on the network provided it only pulls a small amount of information , so no like HD video streaming on it. But every other device can do whatever it likes without affecting anything. Also the iphone 7 is the only wireless device that has warnings and complains about network security problems while every other device just works as it should.

1 Like

Get a new router. Everything on a wrt54g runs at 1 to 2mbps distributed to all users. Theres no modifying it or getting around it its just a limitation of the chipsets of the time. Chuck it and get a new one.

If your going to res maybe mark the solution for added value.

Well I’m sorry if that’s your experience but everything here doesn’t do that.