[no deal, discussion only] re-selling an AMD EPYC ROME 7402P

Hi!

I’m living in the EU (DE), so i’m not akshully offering an item to trade. However, i’d like to discuss re-selling a barely used Epyc 7402P.

Last price in EU was ~1450 €uropean Schmeckles for a new, non-tray, retail box w/o heatsink. (7-9 days lead time)

At what price would you re-sell it on eBay?

I’m asking because someone offered me 700 Euros, but that seemed rather low - could this person be a re-seller, rather than an actual user?

I don’t really eBay

Half price sounds low, especially in today’s starved market?
But have not looked at prices.

As a starting point, you might look at what others are pricing it at, the add 15-20% if you don’t Really want to sell it, or 10%-20% lower if you would really recover some of the value?

Judging by sold ebay listings you could probably get € 900-1,000

1 Like

Yeah right?! I mean EPYC Milan has just been released, although i’m unable to find any offers on Geizhals.eu (a PCpartPicker kind of price search engine) [“Geizhals” = German for scrooge]

…EPYC Rome is still a good option.

1 Like

Since you thread is inviting discussion on the secondary Epyc market. Do be aware of the vendor locking stuff that is going on that can complicate the secondary market and make buyers wary of second-hand Epyc Chips.

3 Likes

Was it vendor locked? What board was it in?

Wiz beat me to it, guess I should have read down before posting

2 Likes

I am aware of the PSB vendor lock. It ran on an ASRock Rack ROMED8-2T. The ASRock helpdesk told me that they don’t use PSB by default.

1250 no callbacks.

Is that noted in your sale ad? Could be wroth a bit more ore reassure people looking.

I got my Epyc 7402 new from eBay for $1000 USD after tax and shipping. Although that was almost a year ago. In the current market, it looks like some people are asking for $1400+ USD on eBay. 700 Schmeckles is probably a bit low, but depends on how fast you want to get rid of it.

I’ve sold it for ~900 now. After eBay’s suck at the sap and shipping fees, i’m left with ~795. sigh