Nintendo switch release

Nintendo is now considering a recall on the left JOY CON.

Can Nintendo ever release a good home console anymore?

2 Likes

Nintendo is giving Japanese engineering a bad name. And they better hurry up and recall them screens while they are at it.

Ahh yes, an engineering screw up on a controller and the system is an absolute failure. Your anti-nintendo flag is showing mate.

Did ANYONE QC this piece of garbage?

2 Likes

Probably not in real world scenarios. I know mine would disconnect a bunch when I first got the console when I would lean back in my chair with my controller in my lap and my legs would break LoS with the console. That's a -really- weak radio.

THis is why you never buy launch hardware. Let hte bugs get worked out before you buy. I really like the looks of the Switch, but I want to wait a while until Nintendo puts their big boy pants on and gets serious. Plus three hundred bucks for one game is just silly right now. (meaning that I am only interested in Zelda right now.)

1 Like

I own a Wii U and have owned other consoles. I also like many Nintendo games. The difference between you and I is you are likely a Nintendo Fan Boy and I am not or you are just not objective and can't see all the failings of the Nintendo Switch thus far. Also I would rather it have done really well as I could flip this consoles easily and also may have bought one to keep.

I only bought the launch console to flip it. Even if I sell it for less than I paid for it I will stay make money off the points I got from SDM for buying it on a 20X SDM Points day so I am cool.

This is something Nintendo should be doing. They should not be leaving it up to people coming up with their own fixes.

I've owned every Nintendo console at some point but have not bought a console at launch since N64 days. I've never had a bad experience. Wear and tear on the 3ds is about the only issue I've ever had. I have this feeling everything is being overblow like the Samsung Note explosion thing: Very few devices were affected but the media (i.e. 4th and 5th estate) reported as though every single one was borked from the beginning.

Build quality wise I have a question for you @DeViLzzz, seeing as how you actually like NIntendo stuff but aren't a fanboy. When did Nintendo ditch the glass screen for it's handhelds? Gameboy and Gameboy advance had that I recall but I feel like plastic screens have been on everything since the DS days. Even the Wii U outside of the handheld realm. Correct me if I'm wrong but I don't recall glass screens being a pat of their devices for a long time just based on the feeling of the screen when using them.

This is the first launch in a long time where I'm considering not buying until they produce a version 2. Not because of the alleged issues but because of the lousy way they treat people who bought their games via eShop - Virtual Console or otherwise. I've heard tell that they will charge you some kind of "activiation fee" or something to enable games you bought on the eShop for the Wii U. I'll be buying hard copies of games from here on out unless its digital only like some of the Phoenix Wright games.

I was just saying to my brother I was considering looking at alternatives to selling it now. I was thinking of asking for support for my Twitch channel or make a video on YouTube to destroy it. Nintendo's trash they put out deserves this sort of thing really. They are arrogant and don't listen to common sense and don't seem to want to learn from MS who changed Xbox One stuff to make people happy and Nintendo sure as doesn't seem to have been able to learn enough from the Wii U situation. So .... do you think it would be hard to get donations to do multiple things to this console?

lel bruh. If you're going to destroy it, I'll make a $100 offer.

To be clear I have offers where I can break even in terms of real money I spent on it so no I will not take $100. The thing is though I am tired of others saying I am ripping them off, doing something evil, etc. when all companies do this. I would love to say to people who bitched about me wanting to make a profit that I drank their delicious tears and I hope they tuned and cried more as the POS console was destroyed.

ha, just putting it out there if you're just gonna blow the thing up or whatever you end up doing. Thanks for the brief consideration or lack there-of.

What's your asking price? You sound like you need a salesman. Ain't gonna make a deal with that attitude ;)

I flip stuff all the time and it just has gotten worse in recent years but still I make money off what I sell. I also buy stuff most of the time I don't mind keeping if I can't sell it. In regards to what I want for it I just lowered it down to $505 Canadian locally but really had wanted to make at least $100 off the retail plus tax price which was $451 and change Canadian.

In regards to destroying it again it seems like a console that deserves to be destroyed anyway. I could make a long list over 10 points long about what is wrong with this console and the games for it and we are hardly past the launch of the bloody thing.

Update: Eh some guy locally is buying them for $25 more than people paid so I will take it but I told him I had to let others that inquired make offers better than the $477 Canadian he is offering and I have my fingers crossed that by the evening tomorrow this blood thing will be gone from my home. I told people in the ad I have up now that it is $452 OBO (or biggest offer) until Friday evening and it has to be paid for on Friday. Sick .. tired of dealing with idiots ... and **** Nintendo for making a **** console.

Make that into a list of 10 positive things and you'll get your margin :D

it's like one little minor fire on an airplane and all the sudden samsung recalls all these phones. Samsung is just anti samsung, lol.

1 Like

That's their decision, a good decision ultimately, to try and save their name after the savage beating they took from the 4th and 5th estate. However, very few of the devices were affected. You would think every phone produced was a bomb but that just wasn't the case.

Batteries catching fire =/= controllers having a shitty radio, though.

But not agreeing an entire console is shit because of a crappy radio makes me a fanboy. (referring to @DeViLzzz implication, that is.)

Btw Devilz, I'd like to see your 10 point list.