Nintendo Classic Mini Announced

Looks like Nintendo plan on cashing in on the retro market. It's about time.

https://www.nintendo.co.uk/Misc-/Nintendo-Classic-Mini/Nintendo-Classic-Mini-Nintendo-Entertainment-System-1124287.html

2 Likes

Sweet, after riding their old IPs into the ground with near yearly rereleases on ever bloody console they put out now they are rereleasing the hard ware too and soon rerelease the games again too!

Nintendo need to cut the old games loose, maybe actually try to survive for a year or two with out rereleasing the same game 8 more times, better yet maybe make a new original IP people might actually want to play.

This is saying to me. The WiiU was a commercial failure and we need more money, there still some left in the horse right? Maybe we can beat a few more rehashes out of it yet.

3 Likes

If Nintendo has any sense whatsoever, they'll look at what is happening with Pokemon Go and realize that they need to drop the consoles and push their IP to mobile and PC. That's literally all they need to do to become an empire again, because no one cares about the consoles. No one cares about the hardware. I can play every nintendo game ever made on my piddly 14" laptop. If they ported their games to other platforms instead of insisting on releasing hardware from the 1990s, they'd make so much money their heads would spin.

Do you guys think it's the original hardware? I'm pretty sure it's an emulator. Someone will be able to crack it's code and we'll be able to upload tons of roms on this mini NES!

It's interesting. Any word on the pricing.

It's larger than an ASRock Beebox and the Beebox can play all of the old nintendo games through emulation. If this is restricted to just NES games, and if it's more than $100, I will laugh derisively.

Nintendo is the new SEGA, I pray they don't make crappy Mario games like SEGA has done with Sanic since Shadow The Edgehog.

Oh yeah, Nintendo tried to make a new IP, Splatoon, didn't work well, I hope they try harder on it so it can be done.

1 Like

From what I've read, it's retailing for $59.99.

I don't understand why Nintendo insists on dicking around with their own pointless hardware. They could have done this with a Raspberry Pi. I could have done this on a Raspberry Pi. Hell, I could have done it on an RPi Zero and had an NES on my keychain.

Get in the game, Nintendo.

Well, that's slightly less ridiculous. But I'm still not impressed.

Whoops, 59, not 69.

I think people were able to hack a graphing calculator and played NES games, I bet the NES can be emulated on the $9 chip computer lol

The unimpressed look on my face still remains unimpressed.

Oh well, gonna go play Gamecube on my Surface Pro 2, runs nicely since Dolphin V5.0 was released. Too bad it will take years longer for Gamecube is gonna be available on ARM systems

ARM will be tricky since the IPC is decidedly a lot lower than the x86 monsters we have today. Emulators for the Gamecube, Wii and Wii U require really high single-threaded IPC.

Is this the games console that they were keeping under wraps for a while now? If so, I am underwhelmed.

If your talking about the NX, obviously not.

I kinda dig it. I understand you can buy X, Y, or Z to emulate the games for super cheap, and have it also do A, B, and C on top of that. This, for me, is just cool factor since it looks exactly like a NES, but mini!

1 Like