NHS Volunteers Needed to Help Against Coronavirus

I know we have a number of UK people so i just wanted to mentioned specifically that the NHS are now looking for 250,000 volunteers to help them.

The NHS is “rallying the troops” for the war on coronavirus, with volunteers being called up to help vulnerable people stay safe and well at home.

The nation is looking for up to 250,000 volunteers to help up to 1.5 million people who have been asked to shield themselves from coronavirus because of underlying health conditions.

Members of the public can sign up quickly and easily at goodsamapp.org/NHS to become NHS Volunteer Responders, and can be called on to do simple but vital tasks such as:

– delivering medicines from pharmacies;

– driving patients to appointments;

– bringing them home from hospital;

– or making regular phone calls to check on people isolating at home.

(Currently England only, other parts of the country have not yet set something up)

https://www.england.nhs.uk/2020/03/your-nhs-needs-you-nhs-call-for-volunteer-army/

5 Likes

America has done a lot. And the new wall is a big help too. Weird how people are saying that’s a bad thing in this situation. I hate doublespeak.

1 Like

Our local hospital is asking for Mask donations.

Aww, too bad I’m not in England… I’ve got time.

1 Like

My mother a retired army nurse has just applied

lets see what happens i guess but we are up in scotland, its not so bad here yet.

2 Likes

Retired medical staff I think can apply to rejoin/join the NHS temporarily. Not sure about army medical staff

There’s a temporary register you can join

https://www.england.nhs.uk/coronavirus/returning-clinicians/

2 Likes

msf.org or your local Red Cross can probably need allthe help they can get.

I was told by a friend that it also says somewhere in the application that they are going to be used by Scotland as well, so you should be able to still sign up for when that becomes available.

So far over 400,000 people have volunteered. :uk: !

2 Likes

Not really sure what your comment means here?

Referring to England only, we NHS Scotland is ran separately from England so this volunteer scheme is only setup for NHS England so far.

600,000 people have volunteered just if anyone is interested in the numbers.

2 Likes