Nextbit Robin: A Nexus 5X Competitor On Sale for Killer Price

Hmm. Deal breaker for me. I have 90 total on my current phone and use 45ish gbs of storage on it. Memes and music man.

It's a $169 phone. you can't go wrong either way. if you need storage just look elsewhere. I actually just made this post to inform anyone on a budget looking for a phone.

I myself would love more storage since I have about 80GBS of Music. though in the real world I'm not really going to listen to all of it. so i just use what's my favorite for the moment on the phone.

2 Likes

Have you tried it yourself, or do you know if the battery life changes for better if you run another distro/custom rom on it?

1 Like

Yeah does the Dev community love it?

Nexus 5X greatest strength lies in its Mod community.

But by they looks of its its cheaply for a phone so its good! Think the bubble of those overpriced machines should be popped anyways!

Edit: For that price its really a steal. Checking in on it deeper and seeing its potential. Sadly its hard to buy in Europe for that price due Import charges.

I've tried Paranoid Android, AICP, Resurrection Remix, and CM13.

The only one that doesn't annihilate my battery is CM13.

I want to like Paranoid Android since it's incredibly lightweight but it constant gives me System UI crashes, the CM theme engine doesn't work, there charging light doesn't work and there is a massive drain when using Bluetooth.

1 Like

To be honest I'd rather get the Motorola Moto G4. 1 GB less RAM, but has a micro SD slot and a larger battery.

1 Like

forgot to check if it had a sdcard slot, but yeah i think that is one underrated features for phones that they most have.

Here's Cyanogenmod Running for those who care.

1 Like

Odd.

Do you feel the support will be improved for the distros? As in, someone is actually still working on them, bugfixing, and so on?

yes. Cyanogenmod and Paranoid Android, I know for a fact will still support the Robin.. as for How I know. the devs of Paranoid Android said that a Nougat Update is coming for the Robin. as for Cyanogenmod, the devs worked personally with the Cyanogenmod team to bring CM13 to the Robin. so I wouldn't be surprised that they would work again to bring CM14 (aka Nougat)

HOWEVER like I previously mentioned.. This is just an option for people on a budget, I'm not forcing anything down people's throats. I have the phone and it's great. and I vouch for it if people are considering it.

Hey, I like budget. It's liberating ;) .

Last Shameless Self Bump Since Black Friday is Next Week.

1 Like

Nougat is Coming: Beta is Available via Paranoid Android Custom ROM