Next Upgrade?

You're in-capable of understanding that no one else is in the bloody stone age. No one on this forum is using a CRT monitor for gaming. if they are then fine, recommend them something for that. but instead of recommending what you use and spitting this non-sense about high refresh rates and absurd resolutions with high refresh rates. how about you recommend what a user may need. not everyone is a tech enthusiast on the forum. people genuinely need help and want to gain some knowledge here.

Do i need to baby it for you?

• "Hey what resolution you play at?"
  • "Okay depending on the budget, you can get this GPU."
  • "Do you use CRT or LCD?"

Be reasonable. not everyone can just go on their E-tailer and go drop a grand on a Titan X. and no one should be going to get a Titan X for gaming. cause it's not reasonable. it doesn't make sense. and for gods sakes use your common sense. this build alone is worth around thousand bucks you think this guy truly has money to go spending on expensive ass graphics cards? that's what @DerKrieger means by stop it.

6 Likes

an SSD is the only thing you really 'need', everthing else will be fine for at least the next 12 months, unless you must run things on max graphical settings, in which case a GPU upgrade would be a good idea, but i would wait for the amd 300 series, even if you dont want an AMD card nvidia card pricing will go down. but for now, SSD, even if its just a 128 for your OS.

so,
you want an SSD,
if your just hosting your OS on there, get a 128, if you want some games on there, 256 or 512.
NOTE : there is no performance increase from 256 to 512, but 256 is quicker than 128.

maybe a GPU,
if you do decide to get a GPU DO NOT get anything lowwer than 870, and id be dubious of a 970.
best bet here is to wait for the 300 series which by all accounts shouldnt be more than 2-3 months, if only for the pricing wars.

hope this helps!

just a thought, if you are thinking of getting a new mobo cpu dont bother, the gains you would get a negligible, and i do mean negligible, get the GPU upgrade instead.

SSD.

That's it.

Doesn't really look like you need any upgrades, asides a ssd. Maybe do some custom cables, make everything pretty.

You could just look into upgrading other components. A better monitor, keyboard, mouse or whatnot. Or just buy a bunch of games and enjoy your already awesome PC.