Next GPU Upgrade?

Yeah because in like overwatch I only get like 45 FPS and OBS draws out 30. I think I get 60 when I am doing nothing else.

Hmm, Interesting. You didn't state that earlier, So it sounds like you got this ! I've never known OBS to kill 30FPS, but it happens I guess. So maybe a RX480 8GB is in your future.

Indeed. Been doing my research :P

What is your CPU ? OBS is mainly CPU intensive.

Xeon E3 1225 V2.

Yeah sorry I was so much in reading the conversation that I forgot to check the first post.
I can't believe that a 1225V2 with 370X will have so much FPS drop.
Would you make some tests with MSI afterburner so you can see the usage in game ?

1 Like

I more concerned with the stream output than local output. I should always at least get 30 FPS with what I have but the stream skips and freezes.

You know what I am going to look into network as well. Still getting that 480 though.

I am not trying to convince you otherwise for the video card but I am curious about the OBS problem.

2 Likes

Indeed. I don't think its a CPU problem at all, could be threads. I think its that in a big big game (compared to CSGO or League of Legends OW is big as hell) like overwatch it taxes the GPU enough to be a pain in the ass. Though I don't really know how overwatch's netcode works...