Newer, simpler OSX VM install guide

cool. untested on OSX but confirmed working on w10 and linux guests

by me

1 Like

by the way using foxlet jumpstart.sh only downloads High sierra for some reason, so to get mojave I’ve used corpnewt gibMacostool to donload the Basesystem.dmg then converted to .img using dmg2img and placed it inside of macOS-Simple-KVM-master then ran the basic.sh thats how I got mojave.

you have to modify fetch.sh values, with jumpstart, it’s in our tutorial. you can get any version you like if you input the correct value

oh ok din’t know that thanks

np, that’s why we’re here. We’d love to have you on the discord too, we need more OSX users in general

sure thanks for the invite .

1 Like

I am actually curious to see what your results are. I tried to set up clover through the BIOS method; however, the graphics glitched out.

With that being said, HouQiming has made it possible to get a display working on UEFI/OVMF. I am been keeping an eye on this issue.

I am not sure if this will get GVT-g working on MacOS, but it is worth a shot.

Our guide uses OVMF by default, and the graphics bug is a known issue with a workaround.

GVT will likely never work on macOS because of the way it checks for pci devices, but you might be able to disable the EFI framebuffer and pass the entire igpu to the guest with the right configuration.

1 Like

Could this be patched? Something like WhateverGreen but specific to GVT.

The OS rejects the device as invalid rather than recognizing it and not being able to use it, not sure that a driver would stop it.

I am not going to lie, I don’t have any knowledge about this stuff, but there was a post where someone was able to get it working… sort of…

that was regarding getting a gpu with no output plugged in to accelerate over RDP or similar using a fake edid plug, not getting GVT working.

There have been recent developments in the Intel GVTg department, for which I have now patched AppleIntelBDWGraphics for a panic assertion, and now I can boot with a virtualized Intel i915-based gpu into macOS, and AppleIntelBDWGraphicsFramebuffer is also loaded.

There are no physical outputs, this is on a real MacBookAir7,2 with GVT-g enabled.

where’s the proof though? No documentation or procedure and image leads to dead URL.

Not saying it’s not possible but it certainly isn’t available to anyone interested at the moment.

I mainly got it off of this guy’s post. This thread has some info on what they did.

No documentation or procedure and image leads to dead URL.

Yeah… it doesn’t help that all of the pictures were deleted…

Not saying it’s not possible but it certainly isn’t available to anyone interested at the moment.

Agreed, it seem like someone will require experience with patching drivers in order to get this working.

oh so retard and linus proof

K

Apple on the regular kills these projects and sues the users.

Yes you can port a driver, yes you could run 10.10 on a macbook 4,1, who the fuck would want to though. Core 2 is ass even compared to the first gen proper quads. Even the HT dual cores are better.

And in the space of passthrough, who the fucc would want to pass an i915 chip and why

If what Apple is currently doing is their best effort at “killing these projects”, then it is a lousy attempt as best.

And in the space of passthrough, who the fucc would want to pass an i915 chip and why

I would. I want to be able to use the iOS simulator while I am learning to develop iOS applications.

Using the emulated QEMU graphics card with the iOS simulator is just plain awful… Even with an integrated Intel GPU, the experience would be much better.

This issue is also why I have a hybrid setup with my Hackintosh install (where I can run it natively on my laptop or through qemu by passing through the NVMe drive). If I can take advantage of GVT-g, I would not even need to dual boot.

Its not their best effort, they’re just sending lawyers out. ATM they’re too busy on arm to dump a whole bunch of money on these so they contact the sites and threaten sitewide takedowns, then the admins go to the page and strip anything thats there.

Theres cache images SOMEwhere.

its not actuall osx i scaned it with different tools