I am currently struggeling with the GPU passthrough on Fedora 28 to a Windows VM and need some help.
I have two nVidia Grafik cards (780/1080), so i did install the nVidia Driver in Fedora (https://www.if-not-true-then-false.com/2015/fedora-nvidia-guide/). After that i did the tutorial from Levelone (https://level1techs.com/article/ryzen-gpu-passthrough-setup-guide-fedora-26-windows-gaming-linux). With some help from the skript of another post (GPU passthrough for lazy ppl on fedora 28 (using ansible)) i did get the VM running, except for the GPU passthrough.
For that i did:
- dnf update (4.18.10-200)
- /etc/default/grub -> iommu=1 amd_iommu=on rd.driver.pre=vfio-pci
- Updated grub (grub2-mkconfig -o /boot/efi/EFI/fedora/grub.cfg)
- /etc/modprobe.d/vfio.conf -> options vfio-pci ids=…
- /etc/dracut.conf.d/local.conf -> add_drivers+=“vfio vfio_iommu_type1 vfio_pci vfio_virqfd”
- Installed Windows on a NVME SSD (directly from an USB iso on the SSD without Fedora running)
- Installed Windows nVidia drivers
- Passthrough NVME SSD in VM Manager
Without GPU passthrough the VM is running fine. When i add the GPU as PCI device an start the VM, then the VM Manager is crashing. After that i have to reboot Fedora, otherwise the Windows VM does not show in the manager again.
What did i miss?
How can i control my gpu settings and to be shure, that the second GPU is not running?
thank you for helping me and sorry for my bad english