New X470 config is unstable under Linux

Hi there,

I just upgraded my config and went for a Ryzen 7 2700X coupled with a Gigabyte Aorus Ultra Gaming motherboard.
Since then, I’m noticing some instabilities under Linux (tried on my Arch install and on a fresh Manjaro install).
I’m sorry if the following descriptions of my problems seem messy, but I’m still trying to narrow it down and since it’s all kind of random, I can’t even tell if it’s a Linux issue or a hardware issue.

So here’s what I was able to gather :
Linux is booting fine, there are only a couple of errors showing up in journalctl but they don’t seem to be the source of the instabilities.
The instability begins as soon as I get a journalctl log saying kernel: usb 1-7: 2:2: cannot set freq 44100 to ep 0x2 and pulseaudio[953]: E: [alsa-sink-USB Audio] alsa-sink.c: Failed to set hardware parameters: Connection timed out. This happens randomly, but playing some music on Spotify seems to help trigger it, especially if I start listening to music right after booting into Linux.
Once this error shows up, my USB wireless headset stops receiving sound (but isn’t disconnected), Spotify stops playing (“Can’t play this song”) and my YouTube videos stop playing and start buffering for no reason.
Sometimes, if I wait a couple of minutes, all the USB devices are shut down (including keyboard and mouse), after what looks like a crash from the USB software controller (I guess ?). They still receive power (phone still charging) but it looks like no data is exchanged (USB debugging doesn’t kick in on my Android phone).
Once all the USB devices are shut down, video playing resumes normally on YouTube and Spotify stops hanging and plays my music normally (although I can’t hear it, but I can see them working fine again).
At this point, I’m stuck and forced to reset my computer since no USB device is working anymore.

I haven’t figured out a way to reproduce this issue 100% of the time, but if I start playing music in Spotify right after booting into Linux, there’s a high chance that it’ll occur.
Also, I’m currently writing this from Windows, and it seems to work fine on Windows 10, haven’t noticed any of these issues.
I also tried a fresh install of Manjaro, and noticed the same issue is happening on kernel 4.14, 4.18 and 4.19rc3.
Also, for what it’s worth, I tried installing Windows yesterday and suddenly, my USB keyboard and mouse were shut down right after the BIOS POST and not powered up again once booted into the Windows install. As for Linux, I had to wait 10 seconds after booting onto the desktop for the keyboard and mouse to be powered and functional again. Today, I hadn’t changed anything and was able to install Windows normally, and this issue is gone.
I also tried to replace my PSU and using another wireless headset. Issue is still there.

So, here I am, trying to figure out what the source of these issues is. Could it be the Linux kernel ? Could it be some USB controller on the motherboard that’s failing because Linux is doing something differently from Windows ?
Is there anything I can try that can help me narrow down the source of these issues ?

Thanks in advance for your help. If there’s anything I can do, please ask :slight_smile: