So my trusty 10 year old pair of Sennheiser 558 finally broke and I need an replacement. I’ve been happy with them for sure but I would like to get something wireless to reduce clutter and making be a bit more free from the desk during meetings and such. Therefore I have started to look for a pair of wireless cans this time. However I feel that it is incredible difficult to find something without compromises! These are the features I’m looking for:
- Charging via USB C port is a must
- 2.5 or 3.5mm jack so I can still use a cable when gaming or when the battery dies.
- Although not an requirement, I would prefer a decent microphone
- ANC is nice but I can live without it if I must
- 20+ hours of playtime with ANC on, longer without.
- BT 5+ and Multipoint support so I can use my phone at the same time
- Wide codec support, like apt x
- Foldade or similar so its easy to pack in a bag
- Prefer buttons over touch pads
- Comfy for at least 4-5 hours at a time but maybe more. I also have glasses.
- Good sound, whatever that means I’m no audiophile.
- Features such as auto off, proximity detection etc is nice.
These are models I have considered but they all have issues:
XM4: Bad mic, ANC is on by default when starting, touch pads, no apt x
Bose 35 II: Micro b and pretty old BT, maybe the 45 will change it.
Bose 700: Bad sound?
ATH-M50xBT2: No apt x or ANC
Shure Aonic 50: These tick a lot of boxes actually except that they are kinda big and the case is huge. Also the pads are real leather which might get sweaty.
Surface Headphones 2: low battery life, maybe not the best build quality
Any other models that I should consider here? Price doesn’t matter that much but I prefer it should be lower than 4-500 USD.