New to Crunchyroll

Hey all, just got a subscription to Crunchyroll, and was looking for recommendations. A little background to help narrow things down, One Punch Man is probably my favorite right now, lots of hilarious stuff and some cool action. I really liked Berserk, up until the end. Didn't ruin it for me I just liked the medieval war of the roses kind of plot better. Attack on Titan was ok, but the characters are like... so one dimensional. I liked the concept of Sword Art Online but it seemed like it was more for kids. The Devil is a Part Timer was fantastic, great comedy, and enjoyable plot. Just getting into One Piece and I'm liking it so far. Basically, some good action, great story, funny moments, and awesome characters are what I'm looking for in a new show. Thanks!

Edit: Cowboy Bebop and Trigun are two of my favorites as well as Miyazaki's work.

Probably first thing I'd suggest is Samurai Champloo, it's the same director as cowboy bebop

I also somehow forgot full metal alchemist brotherhood I'd stick to that one over the original anime, it's closer to the manga, the original goes a completely different path since it was made before the manga was finished
-
-
The english dub on One Punch Man is on right now for the east coast, starts at 12AM PST

Otherwise...Crunchroll is alright, but you can find most anime for free on lots of fan made streaming sites.

Otherwise, One piece has like a bajillion episodes

I'd probably suggest Bleach if you want something Shonen, at least until the end of the first major arc

Digimon Adventures is pretty solid as far as a kids show goes

and Yugioh GX is where the series hit it's stride if you were ever into yugioh

I really only watched/remembered the main stream stuff

-
-
Also JoJo's Bizarre Adventure might as well watch that

And don't forget Watamote/Haruhi/Lucky Star pretty much all the same thing, I'd probably just stick to Watamote, since it's focused on one protagonist

-
-
G-Gundam isn't on Crunchy Roll, but that one falls into the same category of One Punch Man/Bleach/Dragon Ball Z

also i don't know if Yu-Yu Hakusho is on crunchy roll

You should also check out the original dragon ball series again if you never watched it
-
-
I'm also pretty sure I'm only mentioning things with english dubs for the most part that were also on toonami....must be an american bias

-
-
There's also Bennett on youtube if you want quick summaries of some stuff, and reviews of more obscure shit you'd never watch

Does have like reviewer skit humor in it though if that isn't your thing

1 Like

fma brotherhood is arguably the best anime i have ever watched.

1 Like

Check out Konosuba for comedy and fun characters, cool action too. ("EXPLOSION!")
I personally thought Shirobako was a really fun show even though it was an anime about making anime.
Moblie Suit Gundam: Iron Blooded Orphans was the first Gundam I ever watched but it had really good action and somewhat of an underdog story with political elements. Really enjoyable.

Elsewhere from Crunchyroll, Steins;Gate has a really good plot involving time travel and awesome characters.

2 Likes

KVS5QR6958B

UTFPVWJXW6M

Please respond when you claim the guest pass so I can remove them.
Don't want to waste peoples time!

Just use kissanime, bigger selection and free.

@BelisarusRexRPM Good on you for wanting to give free passes, but this is quite an old thread.

@_hill Your suggestion is to tell them to pirate their anime when they are given the option to support it.

Necro'd