New to computers. Is this a good build?

Hi, i'm very new to computer building. Is this a good build for game designing and movie editing? I am also expecting to do some heavy gaming but I'm not too picky about my games running 60 fps or anything like that. I'd like a solid pc though. Is this a good build?    

1-10 for a good build.         1 is bad 10 is incredible

AMD FX-8350 FX-Series Eight-Core Processor Edition, Black - CPU

Corsair Vengeance Blue 16 GB DDR3 SDRAM - RAM

Western Digital Caviar Green 3 TB SATA III 64 MB Cache - Hard Drive

ASUS Nvidia Geforce GTS450  1GB GDDR5  810MHz overclocked

Asus VS247H-P 24-Inch Full-HD LED - Monitor

Corsair Builder Series CX 600 Watt ATX/EPS  80 PLUS (CX600) - Power Supply

CM Storm Enforcer - Gaming Mid Tower Computer Case with USB 3.0  - Case

GIGABYTE GA-970A-D3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD - Motherboard

ASUS(PCE-N15) maximum performance Wireless-N Network Adapter ( 300Mbps Transmit / 300Mbps - Wireless Adapter

It all depends on the budget. I would say maybe 2. That gpu is horrible

From the beginning the AMD proccessor is good especially for gaming, but the motherboard if you want PCie 3.0 I would buy the ASUS 990FX Sabertooth R2(forgot full name) with pcie 3.0 . The ram is alright 1600mhz isn't that bad and if you have a little more 1866 would be little better. Now , if you want speed I would not use one hard drive especially a mechanical hard drive for the OS and your files,games etc. What I WOULD DO I would buy a board with msata for SSD caching like buy a 30gb ssd msata you can use it either as your boot drive or for SSD CACHe for the mechanical hard drive. I've seen this like really like only for Intel chipset motherboards. If you don't want an intel cpu I would buy 2 drives , like a 60gb ssd for example from corsair as the boot drive and the 3tb for everything else. Another thing if you buy the western digital velicoraptor at 1tb it's worth it (I have one!). If can't get one and only can get that 3tb drive I would watch TEk syndicate's video with wendell explaining hard drive partition properly. LASTLY, FOR THE GPU I would buy the GTX 650 TI BOOST because it's about the same price and came out recently. OH YEAH, I would buy a 80 plus gold psu or some with a sign certification . Check out silverstone, nzxt and try fractal. I KNOW IT'S ALOT but your welcome

i could highly recommend to  buy a better motherboard. if you interested in overclocking.

1. Asus Sabertooth 990FX Gen 3 <-- This is the only AM3+ board with pci-e 3.0
  2. Asus Sabertooth 990Fx R2.0.  8+2 powerphase digi vrm
  3. Asrock 990FX Extreme 9 . 12+2 powerphase digi vrm
  4. Asus M5A99FX pro R2.0. 6+2 power phase digi vrm.

Further buy a better GPU, for video editing you did not name a budget.. but i would say  take a look at a Msi GTX-760 or EVGA GTX-760. for arround $250.

Also change your HDD for the WD Caviar Blue same price as the green, but the blue is 7200 rpm and the green is 5400 rpm.

not sure what your budget is but take a look at this.  You can also just throw an 8350 and 8gb more ram on there and be just fine.

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1fWUt

Thanks guys. I don't really have a budget but I would like to keep the total around $1000 or less. Maybe some suggestions for a $999 build? I need 1TB. At least 8Gb RAM. 

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/1fYtp