New to Building, Need Help

That's actually really cool! I like the build I see. I had a question on Crossfire- the gentleman up the page told me it was a bad idea. Your opinion on it?

Also- and I'm not asking this because I'm too lazy to Google, but because I don't trust it with not melting my money- do you know of a decent beginner's guide to OCing? That's not my plan ATM- I'd prefer to be stock, cool, and safe. For now, at least. But I do appreciate the possibilities in the future.

o_o That's pretty...

Unfortunately, I do still need to add peripherals to that. :(

It depends on you, if you want to have crossfire setup. Yes there are problems with crossfiring, but they depend on games and drivers. Some games, you might see a huge performance boost when crosfiring, and i'm talking about double of the performance one gpu can give, but in other games, crossfired gpus aren't scaling very well.

It is up to you, if you want a crossfired system. It would give you performance boost for less money, and it would look cool :D, but it won't come without the problems. I too think a good single gpu solution would be best, but it would also cost more, so it is up to you, do you have the money for it :)

And the overclocking. You can find good guides from linus in youtube and from many other tubers. You can basically find them anywhere but here would be a good OC for CPU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MckeAmnDeTk

And here for you GPU: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gA_l5-HDel4

Overclocking is pretty safe if you follow those guides, and check the temperatures quite often. the possibility of you frying a chip is veeeeeeeery tiny, if you follow the guides, and don't smack it to like 6 GHz right at the beginning :) It should be safe, but be careful still :)

Sweet! I'll take a look at those and see what's doable. :) The Crossfire is something I might prefer simply because I am budget minded, but I suppose I have to balance outright costs with the possibility of overheating, fans I'd need to add, the sound the fans create, etc.

with that hyper 212 evo, overheating is not a problem. It is the greatest cooler in it's cost range, and outperforms many more expencive coolers too. With it, you should get a nice OC with no heat problems whatsoever. The noice will be a small drawback, but that fan ain't too loud i would say. There you are right, couple more case fans would be good, but i wouldn't worry too much about the noice. If your fans don't create more than like 25 dBa you shouldn't even hear your machine while gaming :)

NOTE: make sure if you buy the rig i prefer, use the Arctic Silver 5 thermal paste, because it canlower the temps by almost 20 degrees C!

have fun time enjoying your new gaming PC :)