New Possible Gaming Rig

Probably just buy this one then http://www.overclockers.co.uk/showproduct.php?prodid=HD-255-SE&groupid=701&catid=14&subcat=1955

Yeah, nothing wrong with that. I've used both Seagate and WD.

You see the PSU list? If none of those are suitable, I'll recommend more units.

Yep i've seen the PSU list and i've chosen one :) im now about to add up all the prices and i'll post it again on this thread

Use PCpartpicker.com. It'll help you out. Instead of posting lots of links to different products. Be sure to select "united Kingdom" up in the top right, for all the relevant parts. Then post the "perma-link" here.

I've created a word document with all the components in so ill just copy and paste them :)

All been updated :)

Case - Fractal Design Define R4 Black Pearl with Window - £89.28 (Scan.co.uk)

Motherboard - ASRock Z77 Extreme4 - £113.99 (Overclockers.co.uk)

PSU - XFX Pro Series 750W XXX Edition Modular '80 Plus Bronze - £85.99

CPU - Intel i5 3570k - £168.63 (Scan.co.uk)

CPU Cooler - Xigmatek Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition - £34.99 (Overclockers.co.uk)

Ram - Corsair Memory Vengeance Jet Black 8GB 1600MHz - £50.59 (Scan.co.uk)

Hard Drive - Seagate Barracuda 2TB - £74.99 (Overclockers.co.uk)

Graphics Card - EVGA GeForce GTX 770 Superclocked ACX 2GB - £358.52

Overall Price - £976.98

I propose the following changes. Since, you've got headroom on your £1,200 budget. It doesn't cost much more:

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1arqp

I'm recommending the new i5. It doesn't really offer any additional performance in gaming. However, its productivity performance is higher. The main thing about the new generation of Intel chips is the enhancements to the motherboards. Viewing the platform as a whole, the motherboards are much more "feature-rich". You get 6GB sata ports across the entire board.

I've also included an SSD. 

Ignore the CPU cooler. I've added it because it is a similar price to the Dark Knight. Unfortunately, the Dark Knight isn't listed on PCpartpicker.

I've changed over to the 4670 (non k version seeing as i wont be overclocking it and its £15 cheaper, using the sites that i'll be buying these parts from, but I have kept that motherboard because it looks sweet! I wont be adding in the SSD however seeing as its £120 on the sites im using and id rather keep it below £1000 instead of going towards the prices i had if i had kept the 780. 

I think that's smart. I spent at the top end of my own budget, and I wish I just spent a lesser amount, to save money.

I would recommend the SSD. However, you can always add it at a later time, like any other piece of storage.

Nothing wrong with getting the non-K edition of the processor. But, thinking ahead in terms of resale value, might be better to grab the K. You never know, you might get a little interested in overclocking one day. It's only £15 extra.

I'll probably add in an SSD at a later date like you said, and i might aswell get the K version actually :) by the way on the site im using which you can find here it has an OEM and a retail version..... the retail is more expensive but i dont know the difference between them

I'd go with this aswell.  Z87 chipset I'm liking very much.

Be sure to check out these SSD optimization guides.

http://thessdreview.com/ssd-guides/optimization-guides/the-ssd-optimization-guide-2/

http://lifehacker.com/5837769/make-sure-your-partitions-are-correctly-aligned-for-optimal-solid-state-drive-performance

OEM stands for Original Electronics Manufacturer. It's meant for system builders and retailers. There's no difference, it is the same product. And no, you're not doing anything illegal by building your own system.

It's like purchasing Windows OEM. It is the same as any other Windows operating system. However, it is supposed to attach itself to the motherboard of the system it is installed onto. This is because the "OEM" version is supposed to ship with the system, wherever and whenever it is sold onto a third party. If that makes sense?

Most of the time OEM parts just have minimal plain packaging design.  Nothing different in parts though warranty may differ.

In this case the Cpu is without heatsink.

I'd just go with the Retail Box.  You never know when you may need the stock cooler.

Bogan, I understand your point. But, with his interests, a new heatsink could cost him as little as £20. Shouldn't be too much concern. I've definitely kept my stock heatsink lol.

In this case, I would just buy OEM.

Ok :) yer i understand now, i'll just get the retail because like Bogan said i never know when ill need it (probably wont) but you just don't know.

Fair enough. You got plenty of budget left over to cover those little things.

Yeah, can do.  But the difference here between the 2 is a couple of pounds.  That's why I suggested getting the retail box.  Just in case the AF heatsink gets damaged or for just any reason, it's a backup that's sitting there ready to go.

I didn't look to see how small the difference was. And maybe the OEM doesn't come with that 1 free game. Grid 2. It sucks, but it might be worth it to OP.