New Old pirate CD releases

OK so I guess I broke some rules with previous question, hard to tell when the question is closed without giving a reason.

Anyways I am NOT looking for links to pirated software, I am NOT looking to pirate software. I just happen to know that a certain group produced a bunch of CDs with games and software and that I enjoyed many of those games.

So instead of me trying to describe game mechanics or what not from each and every game, I am looking for lists of games so that I can check myself.

I recall the cds being colourfull, password protected and using some form of graphics menu running off of DOS.

Twilligt and CrazyByte was suggested (now removed?) but it doesn't look to be any of those.

So again, I am not asking for the actual copyrighted software, I don't even need links to anything at all, I just wish to know if anyone knows what the group might have been named?

ps. I'd guess they were released in early 90's and this was in Europe so probably a group from here.

pps. if this topic is to be closed it would be nice with an explanation other than "This topic is now closed" and if so, I'm sorry, I do not see how this interferes with the rules for this forum.

@MisteryAngel stated (before the topic was removed) that since you were looking for potentially illegal material (against the TOS, Rule 5) that the thread was closed.

I do not have a clue as to what you are talking about, but I thought I'd post here just to keep the thread open as it seems fine to do so.

Good luck, hope someone can help.

Rule 5 states
"No linking to warez, pirated software, etc. Stay out of trouble and you can help us stay out of trouble too."
So if I am not linking, and specifically asking people not to link...? Oh well, we'll see if admins find this to be a problem, if so please close it down or let me delete the topic, just not a fan of being shut down and seeing stuff being censored without a reason being given.

It seemed to be a knee-jerk as you have "Pirate CDs" in the title and then were vaguely asking for leads on the "Pirate CDs" so you could play them again. Mods were thinking, "Can't be having pirated material on the forum, shut it down!"

I'll leave it alone now, as I cannot help you in any way. Hopefully you understand why it was nuked in the first place.

i had nuked it down, based on the "context" in which you created your previous thread,
in which you asked for "lists" or "places" where you can find information about stuf they have released.

You wrote this topic in a whole diffrent context for that matter.

Like i said, Its not allowed to share any links to warez, illegal and / or pirated software etc.
So you wont find any info where to get stuff on this community.

There is nothing wrong with discussing about piracy, but just not linking to stuf..

1 Like

Aah ok, thank you for clarifying MisteryAngel :) I'll flag it if this topic drifts closer to actual piracy.

So your only looking for the name those CD's were released under?

Probably not going to get much help here on the Tek most of the users are way too young to have a clue what your talking about. (no offense intended by that remark, just stating fact)

Reddit would probably be a better place to ask.

Are you calling me old!! :p

Ok thanks for the Reddit tip, I'll try my luck there.

1 Like

Nope.....but I'm old enough to know exactly what your talking about and also old enough to have totally forgotten with no chance of recovery the names you seek. lol

Most of the large crews had their own CD's like that, and to make matters worse a lot of them were localized by the crews local division in your area. If could be any crew from back then. Crystal, Skid Row, Fairlight, Razor 1911, 2000 A.D, Supplex etc..

These guys redo ancient cracktros in flash http://www.flashtro.com

While many of the names in there were crews with only a few releases behind them. A substantial amount of them released content CD's with menus during the PC's and internets hayday. Don't let formats fool you, many of these groups were cross platform. It's just mostly the C64/Atari/Amiga intros that takes up place due to peoples nostalgia for these machines. Another resource of active and inactive groups is this http://scenegrouplist.com/lists.php but its a hot mess. Good luck!.