New mouse?

This is very subjective. What you should do is try a few mice and choose one that fits your grip style and anthropomorphics the best. My only definite recommendation would be optical over laser.

Like Logan, I really like the Roccats. I have the Konte XTD Optical. It's a mouse for medium to large hands; they also make the Kone Pure that is smaller. The wheel action on these is god like.

This is actually not nearly as big a deal as everyone makes it out to be, particularly if you are using a hard mousepad.

Take a read here to see that laser and optical are actually very similar: http://www.pcgamer.com/gaming-mouse-myths-busted/

Strictly from my personal experience, it is not a myth. Laser is just far too "accurate" on most surfaces. I don't use hard mouse pads though for of long term RSI prevention.

I don't disagree that there is a benefit to using optical as opposed to laser (though I'm not a competitive fps player so accuracy isn't of the utmost importance). And the article never said that it was actually a myth, just that it's not as huge a difference as many people make it out to be.

I've had a Razer Naga for nearly 6 years. The software sucks, I recommend never installing it. The mouse itself is solid though & I haven't had any issues. I've used in on windows, OSX & now Linux.

The extra side buttons took some time to train myself to use, but like Aremis said, you find uses for them. I've been doing a lot of 3d models lately & its great for switching views & changing tools without touching the keyboard.

Let us know which one you choose & how it goes for you.

cant go wrong with logitech or support the TEK. ive used many different mice/ keyboards in the past few years, and ive come back to using logitech. their stuff lasts

the g303 uses the best sensor on the market, its a very solid mouse. Some people dislike the shape. But if a buddy uses it and you can try it before buying, i recommend doing so. If you like the shape there isn't a better mouse.

1 Like

Just bought it online, should be here tomorrow. Currently using the CM storm devastator and the old logitech mx510. I have high hopes.

You can really tell that the MX510 is a much slower mouse that the newer CM Storm mouse. Just a small update.

Sounds like this one would suit you well.
GL

I know OP already made a purchase, but I also recommend the G502. It's an excellent mouse. Its only shortcomings are the scroll wheel in free mode (moves with mouse movement) and the blue LEDs (but hey, now they have the G502 Proteus Spectrum, which is RGB). Irate: They couldn't had given the original 502 a frakking RGB LED?

Oh, and after seeing Roccat's software, I wish Logitech's software was as good as theirs.

Log software is fine. you can change colors, and DPI in different modes like any other software. you usually wont touch the software after a week or two unless you F'ed it up

But it could be better.