New Monitor, Dvi no signal. Help!

I just got a new monitor, It's the ASUS VG248QE 144hz. I tried hooking it up with a DVI-Splitter with my old monitor, I didn't know this just duplicates the screen(of my old monitor), also limited my screen resolution to 640 x 480.

After I realized my complete failure, I unplugged the splitter & plugged in my new monitor via dvi. My computer booted to the windows Logo & then boom.. DVI no signal. I tried plugging my old monitor back in, same thing.. DVI nosignal.. even though It was just working before I used the splitter.

I can get a DVI signal when I use the splitter but It's impossible to use my monitor at 640x480.

I'm currently using HDMI, as it's the only thing I can get a signal on.. though this defeats the purpose of the monitor because HDMI can only do 60hz. Also at 1080p it doesn't fill the screen.

I don't play very high-end games. I mainly bought the 144hz monitor TF2, as I play it competitively.

I should also note my card is an 7770 http://us.msi.com/product/vga/R7770PMD1GD5.html#hero-specification

Also I had my old monitor working fine with DVI until I used the splitter, I've never had the 'DVI no signal' issue before.

Please Tek, help me!

The only thing I can think of is that maybe the card might need a UEFI or BIOS update. Also, what are the rest of your system specs, it wasn't listed on your profile?

AMD FX(tm)-6100 Six-Core Processor 3.30Hz

gigabyte ga-78lmt-s2

8 GB Ram

win8

tried updating the BIOS didn't work.