New mobo cpu and ram = blank monitor. help!

so I've had my FX 8350 and m5a97 Le r2.0 for a while and i got my ram in the mail today so naturally i want to use them. once i disconnected everything like my gpu, psu, 2 hdds, WiFi card, mouse, keyboard, and monitor. everything seemed to work perfectly like it should except there was absolutely no video. i tried using both pcie slots and both dvi ports on my gpu. i tried unplugging my hard drives and the wifi card and also switching the 4 pin power connector for the mobo. i tried all but the last ram slot. i do not have a case so my motherboard is sitting on a book. after a while i gave up and put together my old build which is what i am using now. also when i first set up my computer when i moved into my then new house i had this same problem for a while. i think it was something like 2 or so weeks until for seemingly no reason my computer booted up. well i wouldn't say no reason i blew on all the pcie slots power connectors etc, just because.

my build currently,

Amd FX 8350 CPU w/ stock cooler and stock thermal paste

Asus M5A97 LE R2.0 Motherboard

corsair vengeance ddr3 1866 mhz (1x8gb) CL 10 1.5v ram

Evga gtx 560 ti 1gb graphics card

raidmax rx-630ss 630w psu

seagate 140gb hdd

western digital black 250gb hdd

logitech mouse and keyboard and 20" acer monitor

wifi card

before i had that cpu ram stick and mobo i had this,

intel core 2 quad q6600 cpu

mushkin silverline ddr2 400 or 800 mhz (4x1gb) ram

Intel D975XBX2 Motherboard (i am not 100% that this is the right motherboard)

Re-install your OS. 

how? there is no video whatsoever

Sorry, gapped that. You've either got a bad motherboard, or bad RAM. But if it was RAM there should have been a sound indication or atleast an onscreen message. 

no beeps at all