New LCD panel, DOA, water or pressure?

Hi all,

LCD on my SVD11 got damaged, I ordered a replacement from AliExpress, fitted it. Tuns out its in not so great condition. Packaging was good so I doubt its was damaged in transit. Not listed as BStock.

Water damage, bad manufacturing or impact damage? In the past impact damage has always presented as a "point" vs this kinda wavey backlight bleeding.

TIA,
Linef4ult.

It looks either like waterdamage or bad glue. Not sure. Pretty nasty.

Just discovered the store on Ali has been removed. F'ck.

Thanks Chronos. I'm currently on an extended trip on the other side of the continent so I don't have access to anything but basic tools and thus doing it myself is out.

Hopefully I can recover my funds from Ali and just order another panel. Not looking forward to another full disassembly, its a slow job, but thats life. Out of curiosity, any chance that heating it up could re-adhere the glue or would that likely make things worse?

The seller has done a runner as far as I can tell so I'll likely just be looking for my money from Ali, no return.

This is a long shot, but lets see if any ingenious hw hackers have any ideas.

Note: Images are other peoples, not mine, pilfered from Ebay listings.

I’ve had two repairs to do: One my fault one failed through use. Replacement that looked ok has leaked glue everyone, one that didn’t is a TERRIBLE quality panel. Lose lose. So i’m left sitting on two very usable used-to-be-ultrabooks that have nice ntrig digis but are pretty much useless. New panels are 150 USD+, likely fail the same way. Goddamn Sony…

Soooooo, any cool ideas of how to re purpose them other than making them into flattened NUCs
OR
What are my chances to find a panel that fits the touch assembly but isn’t totally nasty.

Thats the pile of crap part.