New KVM - one issue

Hi - just got the single monitor, super duper USB KVM.

setup

M1 MacMini (latest OS) → usb C to DP1.4 to KVM
Win 11 PC (latest updates) → 2080ti DP1.4 to KVM
Samsung G9 5120x1440 @ 120Hz

Both devices will display properly at target resolution - looks great.

Switching between them however is a problem. Mac M1 always comes up properly, the PC however will resort to a 640x480 resolution.

If I un-plug and re-plug the DP1.4 from the PC to the KVM, the display resolution resets to expected.

Any way I can avoid this hassle?

Cheers!

Lol the g9 strikes again.

G9 on latest firmware? You might also try a shorter cable from the 2080 ti to the KVm. Maybe club3d 3 foot

haha - thanks Wendell - yes the G9 is on the latest firmware. I will try a shorter cable to the KVM as well.

I hope you and the LevelOneTech team have a wonderful holiday!!!

Hey Wendell - so I got the short DP cable. No real change. But I did discover this trick…

Change from the Mac to Windows (screen at 640x480 - bad)… change back to Mac and immediately back to Windows… and it comes in at the right resolution.

So - it’s not a bad band-aid. At least I don’t have to unplug any cables or anything.

Interesting. You might swap short and long cables on the PC side or mac/windows input side and see if that makes a diff. Might also hard power cycle everything incl KVm

Was the latest firmware for the G9 only the Neo G9 … i have the non NEO G9 and my firmware is GGAA-1010.2 and i havent had any issues with DP cables

@nx2l I am also non-Neo (paleo? lol) G9. I think I was on 1010 but now it’s 1013 for the firmware.