New intel Xeon CPU + Mobo (or alternative?)

The Gigabyte Z97 G1 will run x8 x8 @ gen 3 speeds this is x16 x16 speeds @ gen 2 (what you currently find on AMD motherboards) that speed is fine for crossfire or sli.
Difernces can be found HERE

1 Like

So it's nothing to worry about for me ;D thx!

The xeon will also hold you for a while.
Of course an overclockable 4790K would be nicer, if you are going to play allot of mmo´s and what not, who like high clockspeeds on just a few cores.
But still the Xeon will not perform that much worse either.
There is still a massive price diffrence between a 4790K and the Xeon E3-1231-V3 for that matter.

The 8350 wouldn't actually give you much of a performance increase in things CPU bottlenecked, unless of course they make use of the extra 4 threads it has.

Do you have your CPU overclocked? Mostly because if you can hold out for just a bit you'll have zen and kaby lake to look forward to.

But otherwise ya that xeon is pretty solid, it's basically an i7 without the integrated graphics. Although that would be most of your budget so you should probably just upgrade to the i5 4460, which should up your performance in gaming by around 20-30% in CPU bound situations.

Nope, no OC anymore, because my system crashed to often with it :(

yea, the 8350 is no option for me because I'm going to use CF and I would have to OC my CPU and both is not possible with my PSU ;D

Thank you guys for you'r detailed and helpful answers!

I've bought the G1. Sniper Mainboard with the Xeon E3 1231v3 and it will be here in ca. a week. I think this is a good choice ~

MFG
-Selim

Dual GPU set ups are almost never worth it.

Well that higly depends from game to game.
And which res you are playing at.

At 1080p its indeed not realy worth it.
But 1440p and up, you can get a very nice scaling in certain games.

Ya but then you just run into issues with frame times and some games just plain not working with it, it's really not worth the trouble when a single higher end GPU is going to do just as good, unless you want to try to game at 4k with 2 Fury cards or 980tis