New Intel CPU Launch and Livestream with MSI | Level One Techs

Intel is launching six new CPUs today, but they are not expected to enter wide availability for another 2 to 4 weeks from what I gather (no official word on that – just reading between the lines).

This is a companion discussion topic for the original entry at https://level1techs.com/article/new-intel-cpu-launch-and-livestream-msi

The Livestream is live now (2pm EST): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FRtoixvyvaw

@wendell, @ryan thanks for answering our dating tips!

3 Likes

Popcorn!

1 Like

Paging @MisteryAngel – looks like the vrm solution is upgraded over z270 to me esp. on the higher end boards – added super high resolution photography for all those motherboards if you want to take a look I’ll amend the reviews. I found PDF links for a lot of the components, will include those shortly.

Woooo

1 Like

ryan im one of those “play as a girl” people and my reasoning is “if i have to watch this avatar for hours on end it might as well be attractive”. think house said it best.
" I hired you because you are extremely pretty."
Cameron: "You hired me to get into my pants?"
House: “I can’t believe that that would shock you. It’s also not what I said. No, I hired you because you look good; it’s like having a nice piece of art in the lobby.”

oh and high frequency trading would benefit from the response time off coffee lake being so good.

Sounds very promissing.
But i have to say that Msi really has upped their game on vrm implementations,
on their higherend boards allot latelly.
So i´m very currious to see what they have done with their higherend Z370 boards this time.
Their higherend X299 and X399 boards have very decent vrm implementations.

So yeah looking forward to it. :slight_smile:

Sorry for late reaction, i’m still ill dealing with the flu.

The Gigabyte Ultra Gaming doesn’t have the 7 moniker in its title. Its just called Gigabyte Ultra Gaming. They even made a 2.0 version to try and fix the VRM disaster but didn’t succeed.
Gigabyte got there game together in Z390. The only board they produced for the Z370 line that could handle higher core counts was the Aorus Gaming 7.
Z370 may be considered old by today’s standards but i just built a Z370 based PC with the Z370 Gigabyte Aorus Gaming 7 and wasn’t finding much on this specific board. This old post caught my eye.
I’d have to say the Z370 chipset is still a great chipset to consider as long as the VRM is of good quality. Im completely fine with the i7 8700K. (Its a platinum edition) i can run this 6core beast at 5.3Ghz on the Aorus Gaming 7 no problem. 5GHz on air. but, the i9 9900K has me thinking.
I found a 7820X but the platform was to exspensive for me at the time so i turned down the chance to buy an 7820X (8core16thread) for $380. Yeah, it was unfortunate but, I just didn’t have the money for the chip and board.
My next purchased may be the Z390 Designare cause of the direct CPU M.2 connection.
Maybe patients might pay off if i wait for Intel’s new 10nm or AMD’s 7nm.