New House Challenge 001

I have a woodpecker or pecker(s), that as of a day are pecking away at my new house. Got to find some kind of deterrent.

3 Likes

Oh damn…

4 Likes

I love the optimism!

2 Likes

The only other problem is not a problem it is just inconvenient. I am cleaning out the cupboards and then going to have to cut a cat hole for the basement door and clean the basement.

1 Like

So… Challenge 002 is cutting a cat flap?

1 Like

I love my new house though. So pleasant and out of the way in the country. Thing is I still get 1gbps internet…

1 Like

1 Like

But if OpertunityToImproove 002 is cutting a cat flap, is this not a security risk?

It is going down to the basement… Not outdoors.

1 Like

Ah, but if the cat’s bad, isn’t the dark cellar the punishment? A cat door sounds like a soft punishment… Unless the clothes dryer is down there, and a sofa/ catbed

I have always fed the cats in my kitchen water too, just cat litter. I clean it twice a day, but it still smells so leave the smell down in the basement.

1 Like

I see #House Improvement 003 is installing a grate on top of the clothes washer, to stop the catr falling in…
(joking, because Pete is buying a washing machine)

1 Like

The door will let them go to the basement and my 1 year old can’t. Also I have doggos that eat tootsie rolls from the litter… So basement door is good idea…

I heard these taste like shit…

As long as your nipper doesn’t emulate the doggies

1 Like

lmao!

1 Like

Easy

No woodpeckers, no problems.

4 Likes

Hello STALIN… Or was it Lenin…

PS: No, it was Stalin…

Gave it the quick old google, and it looks like the only reliable thing would be to put up netting around the area…

Could always google and see what sort of smell could keep them away. There are certain smells that deter animals.

1 Like

What about a Hawk / Falcon?

Or an Airhorn / klaxon?

Or a slingshot?

Or a Dog to scare them off?

Or a ScareCrow?

1 Like

Ayyy. That would be cool. Connect a laser that shoots down the length of the house and if their is something blocking the beam, fire off an airhorn

2 Likes