New Homeserver with GPU passthrough project

Delete this mod, outdated

4 Likes

On this thread a user was having issues passing through a gtx 690, so you will probably have issues as well.

Thanks for the reply, but it seems he has a motherboard problem in addition, my cards seems to work perfectly fine under windows 10, even drivers and everything works perfectly, even the 3dmark results seems to back that up.

Im testing with windows VM as we speak, and its seems “fine” for now, and, the PLX chip shouldnt matter like he is explaining, that seems more a fault with his card or motherboard, the PLX chip shouldnt have any impact on that, since many cards that are beeing passed thru indeed use a PLX chip

But i appreciate the reply :slight_smile:

EDIT: and error 43 is just a matter of tricking Nvidia drivers, thats a common issue when passing thru nvidia cards

Glad to hear it is working for you, all I remember hearing about are dual gpu cards not working for passthrough, or only working when both cores go to the same vm.

Also for code 43, it does not show up only from the driver gimping that you talked about, but it also shows up in a couple other places. It will show up if you try to passthrough the boot gpu if it is a 1000 series nvidia or later. It also show up if you try to passthrough most laptop gpus.

Mod, deleted, outdated

1 Like

Are you able to pass through one GPU from the 690 (e.g. half of one graphics board) to one VM and the other 690 from the same board to another VM?

i didnt get that far before the mobo decided to crap its pants, going back to use my dual xeon for the project :slight_smile: