New guy!

(i hope this is the right subsection of the relevant section… too old for these modern forum designs; sorry)

Thought i’d say hi really, a very novel concept i know. So i’m the new guy! Not like the joke though, ain’t named Achmed. It is my first time though.

Came across L1 as i was doing my ‘research’ for Linux, time has come for this old fart to finally, amen to that, say goodbye to Windows; and so long. Am mentioning this as i’m thankful for the content provided, forums included. Some pretty helpful guides around here.
And also how i found you folks :slight_smile:

That’s about it, y’all have a good one.

17 Likes

Hello, new guy! Welcome to the community!

1 Like

Welcome and enjoy your stay.

1 Like

I cant say I know this joke, you’re gonna have to tell it now.

1 Like

https://youtu.be/GBvfiCdk-jc?t=1m50s

Am now wondering if it was wise to make that kind of a joke, first post in, lol… but, too late now :S

2 Likes

Lol.

I was gunna say that that sounded like a terrorist name

1 Like

Ah that guy. ok. Nah you’re good. I’m not just a fan of his so it went right over my head.

2 Likes

A new potential lounger and forum contributor, welcome! o/

1 Like

Am never loungy, though often reclining.

1 Like

Welcome, enjoy your stay, don’t ask which Linux distro to pick.

2 Likes

No need, already set on that :slight_smile:
Twofold process:

• Start with Mint, fail fail fail, read read read, fail some more.
  • Eventually go Arch; more fails.

I can be humble, lol…

2 Likes

If you want a distro that actually works, try insert users favorite distro here. You might like it.

:stuck_out_tongue:

One way or another, welcome and enjoy!

7 Likes

Woah woah woah. In edge case situation don’t you know that your favorite distro is way less efficient and good than my favorite distro?!

8 Likes

More Linux users. Soon we shall conquer this lands! Welcome!

5 Likes

Hey welcome to our community!

If you have any questions, just ask :wink:

3 Likes

Welcome …Played with Linux slackware from the 90’s
Linux has come lightyears from those days

I do miss the way the newsgroups used to branch of into subthreads

1 Like

And the beepity beep of modems? Ahhhh good times

2 Likes

Thank you :sunglasses:

Likewise to everyone else by the way, i’m not sure if i can multi-quote here and i don’t wish to spam with multiple posts.

As long as you’re not quoting for the sake of spam, we’re fine with quoting whatever.

This thread covers most of the functionality you’ll need to be proficient with this forum.

1 Like

I’ll need to update it.

@Aenra highlight text and youll get an option to quote, you can do it multiple times in a topic. you can also quote text from other topics and then cut the text (and cancel the reply) then paste the quote where you wanted to reply it links back to the persons post.

Also, hi. :wave:

1 Like