New GPU:Current Power Supply (also, Crossfire?)

I'm thinking of upgrading my GPU in my current system and am unsure if my power supply is going to cut it.

This is my current set-up, my power supply being a NZXT HALE82 550 Watt

CPU:                       Intel Core i5-3570 3.4GHz Quad-Core

Motherboard:          Asus P8Z77-V LE PLUS ATX LGA1155

RAM:                       Kingston Hyper-X Beast 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-2400

Storage:                  A-Data XPG SX900 128GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

GPU:                       ASUS HD7850-DC2-2GD5-V2 Radeon

Power Supply:        NZXT HALE82 V2 550W 80+ Bronze

Case:                      Zalman Z9 Plus

The graphics card I am looking to get is a MSI Geforce GTX N770 TF 2GD5. Stats say that it will use up to 230 Watts and that a 600 Watt power supply is recommended. I guess my overall question is: can I run this card (effectively) with my power supply and is it a good idea?

Thanks in advance 

That PSU is perfect for a high-tier card. 550W Bronze is the sweet spot, and the NZXT Hale is not a bad unit.

You could run the card on an efficient 450W PSU. Therefore, you will have a decent bit of headroom.

Awesome! Thanks for the fast respone

Another question (I figured I'd post it here instead of starting a new thread as it's still related)

I just watched the video where Logan crossfires a 7970 with a R9 280X and was wondering if I could possibly do the same thing with my set-up (posted above). A Radeon 7850 crossfired with one of the newer R-series cards (I'm not sure which one, if you could tell me that too that'd be great).

Would this be a better option than buying a newer high-tier card and parting with my 7850? Or should I not bother with the hassle...

I'd just get a newer card. You'd probably want to get a new power supply if you were going to go for a second 7850, and of course drivers and such are moresimple with one card.

You should be able to crossfire the 7850 with the R7 265, I'm not certain.

However, I would advise choosing a single 770 over a dual, mid-range GPU configuration. Sure, dual 7850-like setup will grant more FPS, across the most games. But you should take into account; the power requirement, noise, heat, not all games can utilise crossfire, crossfire drivers are not quite perfect.

you could even run a 290 or 780 on that 550W.

Eh... To each is own I guess. 

Know I5 and 7850 isn't much hardware but I'd get a 750w.

Had a 750w tx corsair on my 960 with sli 570 and it was being pushed. After 5 years it finally died. If I was using a 500w might have gotten half the life. Just my 2 cents