New gaming PC build. Need opinions!

Hey all. I've had the 'pleasure' of being stuck with an AMD fx series processor for around 8-9 months, and I've had enough of the complications. It was my first build, being a budget build ($850), I used AMD based processor and graphics card. Now I believe it's time for the good stuff! This build will be primarily used for games such as Battlefield 3 and 4, ARMA III, Planetside 2, and the newer Assassains creed games. My budget this time is around $1600 this time, giving me the option to go with an Intel based system. Here's what I had in mind for my build.

• MOBO: Asus Maximus VI Gene 
  • CPU: Intel Core i7 4770k
  • COOLING: Corsair H100i
  • RAM: Gskill ripjaws (8Gb)
  • SSD: Samsung 840 evo 250gb (Already purchased)
  • HDD: 1TB WD Black edition 7200rpm
  • GPU: EVGA 770 4Gb 
  • CASE: Corsair 350D W/ window 
  • PSU: Corsair RM750 80Plus gold 

.. And some fans. ;p

Feel free to give me some opinions outside of my budget; Whether it's AMD or Intel. To spare the time of criticism, I have nothing against AMD. And I know BF4 will be optimized for AMD based systems, But I want to go a different route with this build. Cheers!

Sounds good!

if not over clocking check out the z87 Gyphon (well you can overclock it too, plus you get thermal benefits!

You can probably skimp a bit on the PSU. You will never need the full capacity of the 750W. A 600W would be more than enough and still be upgrading friendly.

I would recommend a 280x over the 770.

It's going to be 299$ and it runs faster than the 770 for 90$ less. A 7970 Ghz will run a bit faster but it's 50$ more than the 280x (but available now and still 40$ cheaper than the 770).

The 4770k will be a nice CPU. It should run better than an AMD CPU (as expected it costs more :D).

edit: Is 90$ worth less performance and Physx (which adds even less performance)?

Yeah, but nvidia does have better drivers, and driver software. (GeForce experience.)
It's a hard decision for sure, and being that I'd be saving money is a bonus as well. 

don't the new amd cards come with the equivalent of NVidia experience ?

I think it's called mantle. And I heard it will not be out until December~
Waiting sucks!