New FreeNAS/Plex Server

I have another question… Does anyone know if the motherboard Asus PRIME B350M-A can run headless? So I can use it without any GPU after the installation… I’ve written to the Support but I think he didn’t understand what I was asking. He wrote this as an answer:

You can boot the system without a dedicated graphics card, but only if you are using an A series CPU that supports integrated graphics. If you are not using an A series AMD CPU then you most use a dedicated graphics card for the system to boot.

Well, if you didn’t understand him: he said no. Either you need an A series CPU where the “GPU” is on the CPU-Socket roughly speaking OR you need a dedicated GPU.

So that’s a no with two options on how to do it still.

Maybe get a cheap used GPU and throw that in there if you dont want to get an A series CPU.

It’s not that I didn’t understand what he’s written (even if it’s not my native language), but there are some builds which could run flawless without any GPU after the OS installation. That’s why I’m irritated right now. The whole topic is new to me. To add, I’ve already planned to buy a GT 710 but intended to remove it until I can access the server via LAN.

well if the asus support isnt wrong (what could be the case) then you need any sort of gpu either gpu or a-series cpu. i would recommend to get some sort of gpu in a build anyway just in case you need it.

do you know what parts was used in those builds?

Nice to see you here Tom!!

1 Like