New CPU cooler

I have a i7-3770k and I am stil using the stock cooler, unfortunatly. I am looking to spend a max of about 50$, and I was looking at:

Zalman CNPS14X

Thermaltake Frio

Cooler Master V6

Xigmatek Dark Knight

Cooler Master Hyper 212 Evo

P.S. I am going to be using MX-4 thermal paste with any of these coolers, and I am open to other suggestions.

I'd go for the Frio if cooling performance is your priority.

The Zalman is a good cooler, but it sacrifices a bit of performance for quiet fan operation.The single biggest con is the fan isn't that powerful, but still cools very well, especially for the money.

I think the V6 has a balance of appearance and performance. but I don't have much experience with it.

The Dark Knight is a great looker and not a bad cooler. I have the original, and it isn't bad (holds my 2500k at 42c over ambient), but I would've gone for something else considering the price I paid.

The Hyper 212 is all about value - bang for the buck and does a decent job cooling. Not the first choice if you're overclocking, but you'd be hard pressed to find something that cools better for the money, especially if you pick one up on sale.

Phanteks PH-TC12DX.

This was posted more than once

Cooler Master Hyper 612

Cooler Master Hyper EVO series (i have the 212) are personally my favorite that i'm currently using in my system and its keeping my CPU pretty cool :D I used to have the Cooler Master V6 in my rig, but it is quite big, so unless you have a decent size case, it will stick out and use up alot of room, but the different lights on it is nice, and the double fans with the big heatsinks keep your cpu really cool so yeah.

The V6 GT :D is my personal favorite, but like said above its realy big. but i like that. ☺

The Phantecks is also very nice.

Id say frio once again, check out online reviews, since everyone seems to have different opinions

Frio is loud as hell..

V6 as well...

If you shop around a bit, you can get the Coolink Corator DS for under 50 bucks.

As I just said in another thread, Coolink is the budget brand of Noctua, it's the same company that makes both products, and Coolink only carries one CPU cooler, the budget-brand NH-D14-ish Corator DS.

It's about the same product as the Noctua NH-D14, but with only one fan in the package, and it's a rather quiet impeller type fan with very high airflow (you don't need a second fan but you can add one if you want, they are only about 15 bucks). The fan will move an impressive 60+ cfm of air at 800 rpm, so won't be making a lot of noise in normal operating conditions.

The Frio hammers in most of the reviews I have looked at. I'd recommend that. Especially if you have headphones on when you game (my rig sounds like a truck, but thanks to headphones, I don't care!).

No it doesnt

http://goo.gl/dPBbI

Normal frio not OCK

The 212 evo is amazing if you don't try to massively overclock your system. Then again, if you want to massively overclock your system you probably shouldnt be looking at air coolers to begin with.

I gotta ask...

Do you really think that normal Frio is better than his improved version OCK (Overclock king)?

Dark Knight and save some money on thermal paster as the Xigmatek stuff is good, that or go with the Phanteks mentioned above.