New CPU and Windows

Should I re-install windows after I get a new CPU? Or its just after changing the motherboard like I think it is.

You shouldn't have any worries. It's when you replace the motherboard that you are reccomended to reinstall.

Windows wont have any issues with you changing the CPU, it just thinks a new device has been installed and will make the changes needed for it

Hey, can I have your old CPU ? 

I don't think he stated that he bought a new one. lol.

Actually I bought just the MB and the RAM. I will get the CPU later this week or the next one but until then I will use my Phenom, thats why I made the topic. Thanks for the answers guys!

Oh and Toxic Skull, in your profile it says you are from the US and I am from the EU so I think the delivery of one single processor will cost you almost the same price as the processor lol

I would do a reinstall, depending on the replacement type.  Let me give you a few scenarios.

1. Replacing a failed CPU with one of the same model number.

I would recommend keeping your current windows installation.

2. Upgrading a CPU to a faster model in the same family.  (i5 to faster i5, fx8xxx to faster fx8xxx)

I would recommend reinstalling windows.

3. Upgrading to a new CPU family or series. (socket am3 to socket am3+, g2 i5 to g3 i5)

I would most definitely install windows, as you will probably not be able to boot.

4. Full upgrade of mobo, cpu, ram, etc...

I would most definitely install windows ,as you will definitely not be able to boot.

Hope this helps.

--pestilence.

3. Upgrading to a new CPU family or series. (socket am3 to socket am3+, g2 i5 to g3 i5)

I would most definitely install windows, as you will probably not be able to boot.

Are you sure about that? I was planning to use my Phenom II X4 until the FX-8350 arrives :

if you replace only the cpu, on the same motherboard, then you can normaly boot. if you chance the motherboard too, then you will get a bsod.

Everything's fine then ^^

Well, I've had issues with a friends computer going from an AMD Axx to an AMD FX 6xxx.  Forgot the exact models, But it wasn't biding very well.  Windows does weird things to the computer that "optimizes" itself for the CPU.  it also prevents it from being too portable.  I'm not 100% sure, as I haven't tested with every possible upgrade, but it could definitely be an issue.  

In the end, what you need to know is that I can't make a guarantee of whether it will work or not, it's not 100%, as all hardware is different.  (that's why apple likes to keep their OS on their hardware.  easier to give support.)  It's up to you if you want to try it, but just be prepared to boot offline and backup your data.

Boot offline? What do you mean? (sorry I am not native english speaker)