New Cooler for i9-10850k

Hey there i just got a new CPU what is the i9 10850k and atm i have a corsair h100x AIO, and im just wondering if anyone here has any recommendations for a cpu cooler. air or aio i don’t mind, just not a fan of these crazy high temps with this 240mm AIO.

1 Like

IMHO Corsair still makes a good cooler maybe upgrade to a h115i 360? I still prefer custom loops, but I made the switch and haven’t looked back…

What Temps are you seeing? What case? Have it over clocked? Where is the cooler located? Intake? Exhaust? Those details would help. What are your pump speeds? Fan speeds? Fans used? Push or pull or both?

im seeing 30-40 at idle with high 80s when under full load, gaming im around 75c max, im currently using a corsair 275R with 3 Corsair Air ML120 intake fans and the Corsair h100x on top as exhaust along with another single 1 Corsair Air ML120 corsair fan on the back for exhaust. im currently running everything stock cpu/mobo/gpu wise apart from XMP.

1 Like

Have you tried it as a intake on the front? Tried tuning the pump or fan curve?

It’s not terrible, but could be a little cooler.

1 Like

The AIO on the front? i have been thinking of it, but ive heard mixed results that it could shorted the life span of my AIO, is this true? and about the curve, i currently have the fans set to max in BIOS and its staying in the 70s in games.

1 Like

It would be fine long as the tubes feeding from the bottom of the rad you should be fine. There’s mixed reviews on it everywhere but I haven’t ever had issues.

How about the pump speed?

1 Like

That i dont know. is there anyway I could check??

2 Likes

On road msg later…sorry

1 Like

no worries man, ill take a look into what you suggested earlier, stay safe :slight_smile:

1 Like

These temps don’t look bad to me, and a 240 rad should be fine for an AIO, unless heavy overclock?
If you want lower temps, maybe look at the thermal paste/ interface shield?
And/or push+pull on the radiator (4 fans)

1 Like

i did get some new thermal paste today the noctua stuff so hopefully it might be better than the corsair Stock TP, i have 2 extra 120mm fans i could add to do Push pull, but they are not the same brand, would this matter?

1 Like

The brand does not matter too much, but if you line them up so like pushes through like, you’d be fine.
The fins of the rad disrupts the air so much that you are less likely to get interference, but to be honest, you don’t gain much from both push+pull, it is just an easy test for you to try as you already had 4 fans to test :slight_smile:

But I still think sub 80c is not bad under load.

1 Like

hm well i will try this when possible, just letting my brother play a game ATM so cant really just turn the machine off, i was just kinda worried about the temps since coming from a i5-10500 to a 10850k the temps have risen quite drasically whats expected ofc and was just was worried if the high temps would cause anything bad to happen overtime,since im planning on doing some VMS and keeping the system on for 24/7.

1 Like

Hey, no worries. Might be an easier thing to try is all.

1 Like

I think corsair pump is controlled via the micro usb to motherboard usb via the iCUE software… the puimp should have two outs for fan control as well… if not using windows…well kinda S.O.L…

I’m remembering back…been a while since I used one (3 years or so)…

Like @Trooper_ish said though, those aren’t terrible temps… shouldnt throttle till 90-95C I believe… I havent looked up Intel much recently. I’m still back on a i7-8086K at 5.0Ghz all core, but undervolted to 1.268mv.

1 Like

AIO pumps Should read a fan header on the motherboard. Check the manual, but it’s either “CPU” or “CPU_OPT” for the pump. the fans will use a splitter to attach to the other output.

1 Like

That’s right I’m wrong… that’s just the controller…that uses the usb… should be able to manually see pump speed on whatever header it’s attached too on the mobo as @Trooper_ish said

1 Like

but the newest Intel chip I had was a 4xxx series (second gen 14 nm?) so not sure about how well they are under the spreader. some chips benefit, and some get rekt when trying to delid; especially the soldered ones, they get super rekt.

1 Like

Yeah the 8000’s were the last of the not soldered cpus… its delided and liquid metal. I get 28-30 idle, 63-68 max prime 95. Custom loop though with a 360 and 240 hardware labs rads.

1 Like

I’m a big fan of air coolers, the noctua nh-D15 and the phanteks version are great aircoolers

2 Likes