New Computer Builder

its a possible Xfire/SLi but i dont want to go to far out of my price range for a graphics card. At the absolute very most i would go to $290-$300

how do i get Windows 7 legally for free? also adding to that conversation before, i wont be overclocking straight away though i will in a few months after my build.

Cloud? feedback? i dont disagree with anything you are saying i just have my reasons for those choices

Yeah yeah, give me a bit, this thread is fairly loaded, I'll give you a reply when I have a moment.

if you have a case wit good cable management, a modular isn't needed, but if you want quality for your psu, go seasonic or xfx

Well, there are many systems you could get it through, businesses, schools etc. If you don't have access to those kind of resources, there is one option thats kinda legal? When you install it, if you don't register your key it will kill you wallpaper and give you an annoying message every once in a while. If you can deal with those, then you really never actually have to register your key. Alternatively, there is a process that you can follow to continuously re-arm the trial period which will give you essentially an indefinate trial period.

As a final alternative, Windows 7 can often be picked up in a "3 pack" which has 3 legit keys in it for about $100 or so (I don't know about your country). If you can find two others interested in chipping in, you can split the keys and get it for like $30, its what my old man did.

I'll get to the rest of your posts later. Something to note, because of time zones, and the fact we may be busy, don't assume that simply because I'm not replying that I won't reply, I've just been busy with my work. 

Your build is fine. I would only  change the motherboard closer to $100 range the FX-8350 is a great cpu. or 2500k $100 motherboard and h60/80 or highend air. I dont think $200+ motherboard is a great idea. you win with both builds.

I'm going to reply to this in multiple posts, but part of what I try to keep in mind is where the money of a build should be going... if that doesn't concern you much then there isn't much for me to do here, its not like the parts are not gonna fit together. I'll stick to one piece per post for now.

RAM - You don't have to worry about compatability, you can put 2400MHz memory in a board that only supports 1333MHz memory, it just won't run at 2400MHz, won't cause problems. If you really want to stick with 16GBs, try to go with at least 1866MHz. If you do plan to use this for media purposes the extra memory speed will improve your overall performance for such tasks. 

seagate hdd's are not as reliable as WD's

I think its priced right at $70 right now if you get one thats not doa.

So will it just run smoother. Suppose it's worth it

AlrightAlright I'll switch to a WD

Well I know a second person as me and my friend are building together so we have similar builds. As well as that I'm not sure if we have that in Australia anyway

Yea my case has pretty good cable management. What plugs would I look out for though? My case has 2 molex so I need some of those

Ok upgrading RAM and switching to a 1tb caviar blue

What now cloud?

The 7870 is better than the 660 in most cases( the other cases are NVidia games). I don't know about the prices there down south, but where I'm at, the 7870 is evenly priced with the 660, and the 660 Ti is the same as a 7950. The 7870 can even match up to said, more expensive, 660 Ti.

The 7870 is only $20 more so is it a good idea than?

I will upgrade in the future but I can't afford the ram right now

you might think about going with the asrock fatal1ty pro 990fx, about the same price, but its the top-of-the line asrock mobo