New case, Lian Li Lancool One Digital or Cooler Master HAF XB Evo? Maaaaybe an Alpha 550x?

I recently got out of my InWin 805 due to thermal issues, since then i’ve been shopping for a new case.
The only models that piqued my interest were the Lian Li Alpha 550x, Lian Li Lancool One Digital and Cooler Master HAF XB Evo.
You can’t even compare those 3 to be honest, they are very different, each one of them covers some feature the other doesn’t have, the CM for example has two ODD bays and carrying handles, which is something i’ve been looking for, since i move my computer with a certain frequency and every now and then i have to use a disc drive, but the both the Lian Lis have better build quality and are much more modern cases.
Then there’s the price, in my region the Alpha 550x costs R$999, which is almost double the price as the Lancool One or HAF XB, which both cost R$580, so while i love how it looks, i’m not even sure if its worth it.
Functionally i really like the HAF XB Evo, it has those “killer features” i mentioned but i think the build quality is really not on par with the Lians, maybe i could ignore those “killer features” if the Lians are so much better built.
What do you guys think? Should i ignore the extra features or stick with them?

Weighted the options, how i wanted the system to look like, my expectations and got the Lian Li Lancool One Digital.

3 Likes

Good to hear!
Oh and do a build log :wink:

2 Likes

For sure!
Edit: it got backordered, seems like it will take a while to get here.

Cool. I own the CM HAF XB Evo, and find it great… I don’t know too much about the Lian Li line-up. Vertical mount GPUs in a standard case (as opposed to my desktop case) tend to overheat, which means reduced performance from GPU throttling.

1 Like

My intention is to use the GPU in the stock horizontal position

1 Like

Makes sense then. I actually like the way the HAF XB looks, the Lian Li cases (the ones you linked to at least) seem nice but a lot more flashy. I prefer a more retro understated look, but I’m an old fart who hates RGB, pay no attention to me. :wink:

1 Like

You know, i really like the HAF designs, i really wouldn’t mind using one, they are a bit dated but also a bit muted in the comparison with some other designs from that time, so its still fine in my book.
The Lians are definitely flashier, more modern, i could pretend I don’t mind it at all but i really do, i have a more modern home office where they fit right in.
Shame i couldn’t get the Alpha 550x, i love the design but i just can’t justify spending almost double on a case that has worse cooling performance than the cheaper one.

This topic was automatically closed after 273 days. New replies are no longer allowed.