New Build, maybe going to AMD?

So, I've been planning to build a new computer for awhile now, this is what I've come up with so far:

• AMD FX-8350 8-Core
  • ASUS or MSI motherboard (not sure still)
  • 16GB DDR3 1866 Memory (maybe G.Skill?)
  • OCZ or Kingston 120GB SSD
  • AMD Radeon GPU (Not sure which model)
  • Seasonic 520W PSU
  • Bitfenix Ghost, Cooler Master HAF, Fractal Design Define R4 (lots of choices here)
  • Custom water-cooling loop from XS-PC

Okay, now why should I not go with an Intel CPU? Well, the equivalent would be the Core i7. I don't see the need to spend another $100-200 on a CPU when the FX-8350 has enough power. Looking for opinions and criticism here. This isn't my first build, but it is the first new build for myself I've done in a long time.

well, you want a beefier psu for the 8350. since your going with custom WC, heat isn't as much of a problem. get the sapphire 7970, and for the mobo, get the asrock fatal1ty proffessional. asus is kinda lacking with their amd mobos (ut i'll re-evaluate anyways). for ram, just go with g.skill ares or ripjaws ddr3 1600. hdd- WD black.

Hm...maybe like a 650W or 750W for the PSU?

Isn't sapphire the top-rated manu at the moment for Radeons?

I don't know about the ASrock Mobo, I've had 4 dead boards in the past for previous client builds.Hm...what about MSI or Gigabyte?

I've always love G.Skill memory, very reliable.

WD Black, would you recommend the 1TB drive?

also, gigabyte mobo's are nice. i like them. especialy since they pulled their head out there ass and stopped with the crap tastit blue color scheme. also, 500w will be good for almost any setup you make that doesnt have 2 gpu's

So, a single card using a 520W PSU should be fine still?

If it's a lower end card like a GTX 660 / Radeon HD 7800 and under then yes, but it depends on the manufacturer.

Something like a GTX 560 Ti or the Radeon HD 7970?