[Never mind I'm really stupid]I just fucked up in a major way and I need help getting HDD data back

Alright its like 2AM and I’m tired and half paying attention. I swapped to my mac for the week because I needed a break from games, right? Well I decided tonight I would swap back and set it all back up. I kept my /hom separate specifically so I could go back whenever… Are you seeing where I am going here?

So I wasn’t paying attention and told it to “format” in the custom setup for antergos. Though, I know it only delets the first 4MB block to write a whole new drive address. I don’t really remember how to get at the data but the drive wasn’t swapped to GPT or anything and I didn’t change off of my original FS, XFS. I just want to pull all of that back and have my data. I know it isn’t gone though.

What are the tools?

In the mean time I think I should go to bed before I majorly break something.

1 Like

good idea.

2 Likes

OKAY NO NEVER MIND

Apparently I didn’t do any of what scared me, sort of. I did “delete” it but it literally compressed my folder to a zip and plopped it in /home.

Jesus fucking christ I almost just had a heart attack. The antergos devs are fucking smart though.

Ok NVM

Fuck me

1 Like