Networking problems, i will constantly disconnect

Hey, i have a Shaw Modem (high speed internets) and a linksys WRT54GS router, and there's like 8 computers connected to it, 7 of which are wireless. i don't give a shit if they're slow because me and my xbox are wired (fuck em thats what i think) but i recently moved my entire internet setup UPSTAIRS, and i set it up there. After that, i've had nothing but trouble. The modem is constantly disconnecting from shaw and for no apparent reason aswell, it just won't work. any help guys? if you need to know anything, i'd be glad to tell you.

happens here too but i stay wired

no, this is happening every half hour...

is it disconnection from your internet or disconnection from your LAN that's your problem?

the_timonator wrote 20 minutes ago »

is it disconnection from your internet or disconnection from your LAN that's your problem?

from the internets... and it will some times say "connected" in both windows and on the modem and router but it won't work...

ahh well than it's a problem with your ISP sometimes Comcast does that to me every once in a while their probably maintenance or something and it will be back to normal soon.

lol lets hope so.

Just be happy you're not with Verizon, I get shut offs every fucking day.

I have qwest.... shitsux

induring 128 kb/s

MeGotRice wrote 12 hours ago »

Just be happy you're not with Verizon, I get shut offs every fucking day.

Me to Rice, me too

HaruhiOtaku wrote 11 hours ago »

I have qwest.... shitsux

induring 128 kb/s

80 kb/s here...

make a aluminum dish around your router and your adapter. Thats what i did before when someone would walk by i would get dc. my conection is now 80% vs like 50%. And yes it does look geto.

zelx wrote 10 minutes ago »

make a aluminum dish around your router and your adapter. Thats what i did before when someone would walk by i would get dc. my conection is now 80% vs like 50%. And yes it does look geto.

im wired...

well anyway, its a lot better now...