Network is working but also not

Was on a one day trip, come back home turned on my computer and was greated by “no Internet”, which is odd since my family was not complaining about not having internet.

Then suddenly Vivaldi started woring (Opera and Chromium were still Nope), Telegram also did. Steam, Discord, Battlenet, etc. were also saying no internet.

Left it at that and went to bed.

Today:

So I manually dialed in an IP-Address and gateway, works… but does it?
Telegram, Discord, Steam, Browser, etc. all work (except Minecraft via Hamachi).

ping 1.1.1.1 just gets stuck at nothing:
As you can tell by this post, I can access the forum via Browser just fine.

Troubleshooting: (all failed)

• As I get my PC to the Router via PowerLine Adapters, I bypassed that. No change

• Currently have the studend councils Router (Mikrotik RB3011) here, NIC goes up, Router then Negtiation complete, DHCP error (checked via secondary computer)

• Updated NIC driver

System:

• Ryzen 1700x
  • ASRock X370 K4
    – BIOS: P5.40 (latest supporting 1xxx-Series Ryzen)
    – Intel I211AT NIC (just updated to Driver 25.2)
  • Win10 Edu (Version 2004)

Huh, if the pings worked, then dns would look likely, but as that doesn’t, it’s odd

Just a try but can you just uninstall the device in device manager and then restart?
Maybe there is a bad settings stuck somewhere.

when you ping 1.1.1.1 its trying to talk to Cloudflares DNS not your broadcast.

Broadcast is all ‘ones’ but in binary, so its actually 255.255.255.255.

do an arp -a in the console to see if you’re MAC address for your gateway matches that of your router.

Do a ipconfig /release && ipconfig /renew && ipconfig /flushdns just to be safe.

Otherwise I would suggest you right click the start button, click Device Manager, expand the list until you see your network adapter under the Network section, right click the adapter, select uninstall (do not check the [delete] checkbox), and then reboot your computer. This will reinstall the network drivers.

I can ping some sites, right now for example I can tracert to ddg.gg fine, can’t open it in browser.

Tried both, no change.

Should have mentioned, that was actually the first thing I tried.

I know what it is trying to do, in the context of “some programms are connected” it is telling me windows is confused.

what is the full output of ipconfig /all?

So, the router did its nightly reset (is an aweful ISP-provided POS), now everything is back to normal working order.