Needing help with optimising SSD setup (Davinci Resolve, Serif Affinity, Steam)

I was wondering if I could get some advice on a build I am currently working on. It’s an ITX setup in a Silverstone SG05. Here’s the parts being used for context:

Motherboard: Gigabyte B550I AORUS PRO AX Mini ITX
CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 3600
RAM: Corsair Vengence LPX 64GB 2666MHZ
GPU: ASUS 1650 (Will be upgraded to a 3060 once this shortage ends)
PSU: Corsair SF600 Platinum

Now the plan for this build is for it to be used for graphic design, photo editing, light motion graphics/video work and gaming. The programs I will be using are the Serif Affinity suite (Photo, Designer + Publisher) and Davinci Resolve. The major stumbling block I’m running into is how to optimise the setup for the storage drives. The ITX board gives me one PCIE Gen 4 and one PCIE Gen 3, while I’ve managed to fit some adapter PCB’s that give me another 3 SATA based M.2’s. I removed the top drive cage to help with airflow and cable management. I currently own a 1TB Corsair MX500 M.2 SATA SSD, but I plan on using that for specifically for my retro games collection (Makes it easier to work with my Mister FPGA setup).

This is the current SSD setup I am thinking about going with:

SATA M.2 1 - 256GB Boot/Programs
SATA M.2 2 - 256GB or 500GB Media Cache/Scratch Disk (Resolve uses this, but Affinity does not)
SATA M.2 3 - 1TB Retro Games (MX500)
Gen 4 NVME M.2 - 2TB Project Files
Gen 3 NVME M.2 - 2TB Steam library

Would this make sense in my use case?

This topic was automatically closed 273 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.