Needing a New GPU, but not sure which one

I have a really crappy GPU and I need a new one.  I would like to stay with a NVIDIA Card, money may or may not be an issue, depending on the card.

These are the parts that I have in my personal system right now:

Asus Maximus V Formula Motherboard

EVGA GeForce GT 640 Graphics Card

Intel i7 3770K Processor @ 3.5 GHz

Corsair GS800 Power Supply

Corsair Vengeance 16GB(4x8GB) RAM

WD Caviar Green HDD 1TB

Thermaltake Level 10 GT Case

Dark Knight Night Hawk Edition CPU Cooler

Thank you for all your help

Well, I would hate to pick apart your build, but you overpaid on the mobo. Also, i cant tell if you have 16 or 32gb of ram. Unless your editing, you dont even need 16. But, finally to your question. Best card for the price right now for a system like yours is definetely the 780. If you could sli them. They are soooooo beastly, and 2 beat almost anything.

It would be nice to have a price range, these things can get pretty pricey. Anything from the 670 upwards is good. You also have the Titan. And Nvidia are releasing more 700 series cards, shortly. 780 is already out, 770 is out on the 31st.

He said money may not be an issue, so i went for the most extreme option. Basically what berserker said though.

Don't get me wrong, Tryphaa. I'll be purchasing a 780 for myself. I just don't know if he really really really needs it. :O

i meant 4x4gb, sorry

Okay, so is the 780 or the 770 better?

The 780 is the higher performing card, but I would only recommend it for certain things. Either surround gaming, high resolution monitors, possibly a monitor with a high refresh rate.

If you happen to have a standard 1080p monitor, the 770, or even the 670 might be a better fit. The 7950 comes with a good games bundle, trades blows with the 670.

The 780 is an amazing performer. The 770, however, is a rebrand of the 680, with a few improvements. The 780 compares, within a few FPS, to the Titan, because it is the exact same hardware, just with 3GB less VRAM in the basic model. However, for $650, it is a big investment. You seem to have made a lot of mistakes in your build with over-spending on non-essential hardware, like a $270 motherboard, where a $130 mobo would have worked. Don't worry, though; I have the exact same motherboard, and it's fantastic, despite what fight I had with Asus to get it.

7950 CF is also a great option for the price; twin MSI 7950s in 2-way CF, x8 x8, will perform better than a 780, but you have the issues with power consumption, frame times, etc., etc.

I actually have two Asus Maximus motherboards (the Z77 Gene and the X79 Formula). They are more expensive but absolutely top notch motherboards. I think you get what you pay for and if you're building a higher end rig I recommend them.