Need to buy a replacement battery for a Dell laptop

Hey everyone,

I have a Dell Inspiron 15 7537 laptop that I bought from a friend a few months ago. The battery life when I got it was around half an hour and now its down to less than 10 minutes. The battery health indicator in the BIOS says its damaged and needs to be replaced.

With that said, where is a good online store I can buy one that isn't Dell and also ships to Canada? They want something like $140 CAD for a new one.

Anyone know a place that is reputable?

How many WH is the original?
Edit: Pretty sure it's this one. I doubt it's original (considering it's straight from China), but considering the price, its advertised capacity is probably pretty accurate.

1 Like

That's the one. It looks like its an original Dell battery too, so hopefully there is nothing wrong with it, but i'm wary. I don't have any experience buying a replacement laptop battery and because of the importance of quality, I thought i'd see what the communities experience was like.

Then there is the 30 day shipping time.

Realistically, there isn't a whole lot to go wrong in that battery. The laptop won't be pulling high currents, and the BMS circuitry should do a decent job of controlling the cells during recharge/discharge. The only thing that I'd personally be wary about is the longevity; don't expect the average 400ish charge/discharge cycles of most Lithium cells.

I haven't done it in several years but I've had good success with cheap Chinese replacement batteries from ebay.

1 Like

Ok, thanks. I'll probably give that one a go then. Was mostly worried about the thing catching fire on me if it was made out of cheaper components, but it should be fine.

Hopefully I can replace this laptop within the next 2 years. As long as I can get through that, i'll be happy. I only paid $350 CAD for it, so a new battery would put it just over $400. Which is still pretty good considering the specs of this thing (i7 4500U, 16GB RAM, GT 750M, 1080p touch screen, and a backlight keyboard). I just wish Dell had done a better job designing it. The build quality could be better and the keyboard is the worst I have ever used. Whoever thought silver keycaps was a good idea should be fired. I thought about trying my luck with a keyboard from another Dell laptop that was similar, but that was $20 I didn't feel like risking at the time.

1 Like